NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel change very, very slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been a sagetv user for over a year now with no real problems and am trying to change over to Npvr. Looks great and would like to convert but cannot sort out this slow channel changing. Read all the previous posts and fiddled with codecs installed CCCP codecs but still no good. Channels come up good with good sound and picture and I can change channel once, takes about 30 seconds but when I try to change again crashes with tuner not available message. Am using dvb-s usb tuner on NZ freeview channels which works good under sagetv. Tried 2.0.3 and now 2.1.4.
Can you reproduce the problem, then zip and attach your npvr.log and nextpvr.log?

As an indication for you of how long channel changes should take, I just timed channel changes here in Wellington. With my HVR-4400 using Freeview on DVB-S, its taking an average of about a second to change channels. On my HVR-1110 using FreeviewHD on DVB-T, its taking an average of about two seconds to change channels. You tuner may be slightly slower or faster at tuning, but it'd most likely add not more than a half second or so extra.
Attached are npvr logs. Forgot to mention OS is Vista and graphics card is ATI radeon.
Thanks
The first thing I'd try is setting the audio renderer back to 'Default' to see if it helps. Other renderer options can sometimes cause problems changing channels.

If that doesnt help, then it may be worth trying a different MPEG-2 video decoder. You're currently using 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)', which I havnt really seen used often.