NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Colossus HDMI not an optino in NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was there once actually. When I first installed the card. I was having a problem with WinTV 7 (2.3g) and the irblaster not working right. After a couple of driver / sw uninstalls - installs got the issue resolved. Now WinTV, irblaster and my DirecTV HD receiver play nice together.

In the process somewhere, NPVR lost the HDMI setting for capture via HDMI. Only Component, Composite and SVideo are available. The Colossus card is showing up as HDPR in NPVR.

I tried installing the latest version this morning (2.14) after uninstalling 2.03 and reinstalling the Colossus drivers. Still no HDMI available in devices setup.

Tx
I have an idea what the problem might be. Can you zip and attach your npvr.db3 file?
Yup. Here it tis. BTW you have the fastest response time of any app dev, service, business I have ever seen.
Can you see if this updated database fixes it? It should do.

It related to a bug that could occur with the 2.0.3 upgrade, and shouldnt affect you after installing this updated database.
That did it. Thanks again!

Now to figure out why NPVR crashes after tuning live TV for a few seconds....
txinga Wrote:Now to figure out why NPVR crashes after tuning live TV for a few seconds....
If you create a c:\temp directory, then it should create a c:\temp\crash.mdmp. If you can post this, I'll check it in the debugger. Otherwise post the logs.
crash.zip attached. Recordings are working incredibly well right now. Just live TV has the issue. Not that big a deal as this machine is not used for live TV
There isnt an obvious cause in that log. So recordings work fine? Thats odd, because live tv and recording are pretty much the same in NPVR.
@txinga on channel changes I had a lots of problem with LiveTV crashes because I don't think NPVR or my decoders were handling the dynamic changes from 480i, 720p and 1080i coming from my STB. I forced my STB to a fixed rate 720p and this problem went away

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:@txinga on channel changes I had a lots of problem with LiveTV crashes because I don't think NPVR or my decoders were handling the dynamic changes from 480i, 720p and 1080i coming from my STB. I forced my STB to a fixed rate 720p and this problem went away
In txinga's case it's nrecord.exe crashing, so shouldnt be related to decoders. In his dump it looked like it crashed in the virtual device driver for the Colossus.

If you make a recording that switches from 720p to 480i (or similar), does it crash during playback? If so, supply the file and I'll take a look.

It would be worth seeing if a fixed resolution from his STB helps though.
Pages: 1 2