NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Analog tv always loses audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using 2.1.4 but the last version had this problem too. Using XP pro. I start NPVR go to tv guide select an analog channel and it plays fine but when i go back to the guide and select the same analog channel or any analog channel I get fine picture but no audio. If I exit NPVR and restart the recording service the audio comes back. I tested a recording and it says theres mpeg audio stream but its just blank. I'm using an ATI theater 550 pro for analog and a hauppauge hvr-1250 for digital which works fine. Tested a 650 pro with same results. Any ideas?
Hmm, not really sure.

Quote: If I exit NPVR and restart the recording service the audio comes back.
To help narrow it down, if you just restarted NextPVR.exe, does the problem persist? ie, is it a playback thing happening with decoders in NextPVR.exe, or a device thing happening in NRecord.exe?
After restarting the recording service I'll get audio for analog but if I go back to the guide and try analog audio is gone. I can use the remote to change analog to analog channels but if I select a digital channel and go back to analog the audio is gone. I tried all the decoders I have (cyberlink,ffdshow,lav filter,arcsoft,main concept,mpeg & ati) with same results. I also tried to use the analog side of the hvr-1250 but it says unable to communicate with recording service.
So if you dont restart the recording service, and just restart NextPVR.exe, then the audio is still missing?

If so, it might be worth trying an experiment of manually creating an svideo or composite channel, then see if switch to one of these, then back to a tuner channel, does the audio come back? This causes the audio to be rerouted in the device's crossbar.
Yes if I don't restart recording service I get no audio. I'll try using the composite input.
S-Video works but seems NPVR has no built in blasting options like GBPVR has and using an external tuner(vcr) is not a good option anyways. I'm guessing NPVR just won't work properly using the tuner input on any analog device I'll just stick with GBPVR.
You shouldnt have to resort to using svideo and external tuner. I just wanted to check if when you lose audio, if you switch to svideo then back to the tuner, does the audio return? If so, then I could probably make you a patch that emulates this re-routing of the audio each time you start tv.
Ok I tested this with the remote if I select analog channel w/o audio then switch to the s-video channel and back to analog I get the audio back :confused:
See if this patch helps. If it doesnt, post the log npvr.log/nrecord.log files and I'll take another look.
Awesome! that seems to work great, much thanks!
Pages: 1 2