NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Search Skin Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to put together a skin for the new search screen and am having trouble with the @controlSelected option.

Here is a simple skin that I've used for this example:

Code:
<Skin>
<Element name="FirstLetterListView" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255" visibleRows="10"/>

<Element name="FirstLetterListItemNormal" location="4,5" size="5,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text text="@letter" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Center" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="FirstLetterListItemSelected" location="4,5" size="5,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Rect visible="@controlSelected" location="0.25,0.25" size="98,96" fillColor="Blue"/>
<Text visible="@controlSelected" text="@letter" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Center" valign="Center"/>
<Rect visible="@controlNotSelected" location="25.5,0.25" size="98,96" fillColor="Green"/>
<Text visible="@controlNotSelected" text="@letter" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Center" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowNameListView" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255" visibleRows="10"/>

<Element name="ShowNameListItemNormal" location="10,5" size="45,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text text="@showName" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowNameListItemSelected" location="10,5" size="45,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Rect visible="@controlSelected" location="0.25,0.25" size="98,96" fillColor="Blue"/>
<Text visible="@controlSelected" text="@showName" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Rect visible="@controlNotSelected" location="25.5,0.25" size="98,96" fillColor="Green"/>
<Text visible="@controlNotSelected" text="@showName" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowTimeListView" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255" visibleRows="10"/>

<Element name="ShowTimeListItemNormal" location="56,5" size="42,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text text="@showTime" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowTimeListItemSelected" location="56,5" size="42,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text visible="@controlSelected" text="@showTime" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>

<Text visible="@controlNotSelected" text="@showTime" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowTimeListSelectionMetaData" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255">
<Text text="@title" location="5,60" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@period" location="5,65" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@subtitle" location="5,70" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@channel" location="5,75" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@description" location="5,80" size="90,15" font="Default" align="Left" wrap="true"/>
</Element>
</Skin>

What should happen when I tab between the 3 different columns of the "First letter", "Show Title" and "Show Time" is that the unselected columns should be all green. Unfortunately, only about the last 2/3 of each of the unselected columns are green, the rest has no coloring at all.

Attached is some screen shots and the zipped skin.

Thanks.
You probably would have been better to post this in the Developers forum to make sure sub saw it....

There is defiantly something funny/odd going on with the visible="@controlSelected" & visible="@controlNotSelected" options in the Search skin as I had problems with them as well for my skin (even though I just left them in there).
I also found the "Element name="ButtonList"" also has to be in the Search skin & it doesn't revert back to the one in global.xml if it is remmed out it just crashes.
Jaggy Wrote:You probably would have been better to post this in the Developers forum to make sure sub saw it....

There is defiantly something funny/odd going on with the visible="@controlSelected" & visible="@controlNotSelected" options in the Search skin as I had problems with them as well for my skin (even though I just left them in there).
I also found the "Element name="ButtonList"" also has to be in the Search skin & it doesn't revert back to the one in global.xml if it is remmed out it just crashes.

Yes, I guess your probably right about the forum choice... Didn't think of that.

The button list is also good to know.

Thanks.

P.S. Glad to see you posted an update of your skin :-)
FWIW, the default skin does not change color to show which column has "focus" (like it does in PVRX2). Maybe Sub has a bug in there that is affecting you.

I was going to report this on the wishlist, maybe Sub will see it here. Smile
Jaggy Wrote:I also found the "Element name="ButtonList"" also has to be in the Search skin & it doesn't revert back to the one in global.xml if it is remmed out it just crashes.

I checked it out and I'm not having the same problem you are. I don't have the ButtonList element listed at all in the search skin, only in the global.xml.
Your right...it's working for me now as well. I know what happened for me & I really should have checked "again" before I posted about "what is now" a non existent problem.
Jaggy Wrote:You probably would have been better to post this in the Developers forum to make sure sub saw it....

I can move this thread there if it helps? Steeb

[Edit] I think Martin has brought it up now anyway?[EndEdit]
Northpole Wrote:
Code:
<Skin>
<Element name="FirstLetterListView" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255" visibleRows="10"/>

<Element name="FirstLetterListItemNormal" location="4,5" size="5,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text text="@letter" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Center" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="FirstLetterListItemSelected" location="4,5" size="5,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text visible="@controlSelected" text="@letter" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Center" valign="Center"/>
<Text visible="@controlNotSelected" text="@letter" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Center" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowNameListView" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255" visibleRows="10"/>

<Element name="ShowNameListItemNormal" location="10,5" size="45,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text text="@showName" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowNameListItemSelected" location="10,5" size="45,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text visible="@controlSelected" text="@showName" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text visible="@controlNotSelected" text="@showName" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowTimeListView" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255" visibleRows="10"/>

<Element name="ShowTimeListItemNormal" location="56,5" size="42,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text text="@showTime" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowTimeListItemSelected" location="56,5" size="42,5" alpha="255" alphaFade="true">
<Text visible="@controlSelected" text="@showTime" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>

<Text visible="@controlNotSelected" text="@showTime" location="0,0" size="100,100" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
</Element>

<Element name="ShowTimeListSelectionMetaData" location="0,0" size="100,100" alpha="255">
<Text text="@title" location="5,60" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@period" location="5,65" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@subtitle" location="5,70" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@channel" location="5,75" size="90,5" font="Default" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
<Text text="@description" location="5,80" size="90,15" font="Default" align="Left" wrap="true"/>
</Element>
</Skin>

What should happen when I tab between the 3 different columns of the "First letter", "Show Title" and "Show Time" is that the unselected columns should be all green. Unfortunately, only about the last 2/3 of each of the unselected columns are green, the rest has no coloring at all.
The reason this is happening is because you have lines like this:

You're telling it to start 25.5% of the way across the element.
Here is a slightly updated default skin, which uses a slightly darker color for the selected rows that dont have focus.
sub Wrote:The reason this is happening is because you have lines like this:

Not you're telling it to start 25.5% of the way across the element.

I think it's time for me to go curl up in a corner somewhere & stay there.....

I should have actually "read" what he was asking & I also should have picked up that in the skin!!! :o (I wonder what other thing I was thinking about at the time I "didn't read" that original message)
Pages: 1 2