NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EWA config screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since I have upgraded to NPVR I have not been able to get into the config screen on NEWA. I am just now upgrading to 2.1.5 and I see that I still can not access the screen. I have tried IE 7 & 8 and Chrome. I am currently using version 12.0.742.112 of chrome. Really the only reason I wanted into the config was to change the skin of NEWA. I was hoping for something that would do better on Chrome. The search screen is all jacked up. It was just the search2 but ever since the 2.1.4 update both are not right.

I have left all of the login stuff alone to make sure I don't mess up anything for my nmt.
re-Barr Wrote:Ever since I have upgraded to NPVR I have not been able to get into the config screen on NEWA. I am just now upgrading to 2.1.5 and I see that I still can not access the screen. I have tried IE 7 & 8 and Chrome. I am currently using version 12.0.742.112 of chrome. Really the only reason I wanted into the config was to change the skin of NEWA. I was hoping for something that would do better on Chrome. The search screen is all jacked up. It was just the search2 but ever since the 2.1.4 update both are not right.

I have left all of the login stuff alone to make sure I don't mess up anything for my nmt.

Apply this patch and report back your results.
Sorry for the delay in reporting back... the patch posted there helped to make the login page look better... the one posted a couple posts below that made things look correct for me. Only thing is that it has not changed the fact that I can not login. On a side note it does actually tell me that my username or password is incorrect. I don't remember seeing that before.

I am taking the info from the main config file.
<WebServer>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Port>8866</Port>
<Username>admin</Username>
<Password>5F4DCC3B5AA765D61D8327DEB882CF99</Password>
</WebServer>
I have tried typing in the password string and I have tried copy and paste but it has not worked. I have tried no password as well.
re-Barr Wrote:Sorry for the delay in reporting back... the patch posted there helped to make the login page look better... the one posted a couple posts below that made things look correct for me. Only thing is that it has not changed the fact that I can not login. On a side note it does actually tell me that my username or password is incorrect. I don't remember seeing that before.

I am taking the info from the main config file.
<WebServer>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Port>8866</Port>
<Username>admin</Username>
<Password>5F4DCC3B5AA765D61D8327DEB882CF99</Password>
</WebServer>
I have tried typing in the password string and I have tried copy and paste but it has not worked. I have tried no password as well.

The default password is password what you see in the config file is the encrypted value.....don't try to enter that. To change the password you must use the NPVR interface and go into settings then MVP & Web....set the password to what you would like it to be...it will end up in the config file encrypted.

Let me know if this helps.
ah I see. thanks for the clarification.
re-Barr Wrote:ah I see. thanks for the clarification.

Where you now able to get into ht config tab when you enter the un-encrypted password?
Yes thank you for the help.
re-Barr Wrote:Yes thank you for the help.

Great!

Cheers