NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Rendering a HTML page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I asked this a while back but maybe someone has found a way to do it. Is there any way to render a html page with GBPVR? The hauppauge software shows html pages on the MVP and with a bit of fiddling you can create pages to do other things. Any way to get GBPVR to do this? If not, would it be possible to get GBPVR to quit and start the hauppauge software with a button press (then I would just have to figure out how to make the reverse happen)?

I can't speak to the first part of your question, but I use GBPVR for music and (still) use Sage for TV (for now). I added a custom plugin to GBPVR to stop MVP server and start Sage MVP Client. Then I added a custom menu item in Sage to do the opposite.

The custom plugin simply points to a batch file that does the starting and stopping. I am on my work computer now (shhhhhhh) but I can post the short batch file later tonight if you wish.

If you are going to go ahead without . . . just make sure you stop all related services (where desired) in addition to programs. I leave my SageTV service running almost all the time because I only use GBPVR recording for testing purposes.
the closest I can get is a screen capture of the web page as an image and show it but it is not dynamic and scrolling is a pain.

Oklee-dok,

Here is the simple batch file to close GBPVR and open (in my case) Sage:

::First command stops gbpvr
TSKILL GBPVR
:Confusedecond command starts sage
::the file refered to is a shortcut I created on c:
start C:\StartMVPClient.lnk
::close the command window and be done with it
exit

Create this in Notepad, save file with .bat extension and Bob's your uncle (sorry if you know this kind of stuff, just thought I would include it and save time in case you don't). When using TSKILL command, you must know the name of the running process (which you can get from the Task Manager). The shortcut, you can name whatever you want.

To start and stop services use NET START "nameofservice" and NET STOP "nameofservice" (you can get the name of the service from the list of windows services).

To access your new .bat file from GBPVR:

>Open config
>Choose plugins tab
>On the right under Custom Tasks click Add
>Give the button a name
>Enter the path to your .bat file in "Executable" field (it will only look for .exe if you use browse)
>No arguments needed
>Give the button a description (which will also appear in your GBPVR menu).
>Click OK

Sorry if I provided too much or too little information . . . it's hard to gauge that kind of stuff in a forum.

Let me know if I missed anything here.

DISCLAIMER - I am not a programmer but just an average moron. There may be better ways to accomplish this task and I take no responsibility (but would be quite surprised) if your motherboard bursts into flames or your computer is otherwise  damaged beyond recognition as a result of this simple batch file.   [Image: wink.gif]
From one average moron to another, thanks bebanovich [Image: biggrin.gif] I'll have a play aroung with it but this should give me the functionality I'm looking for.
I use a program called webscheduler (WS) to set capture schedules for my DVB-T cards. It is controlled through html pages that can be accessed from anywhere on your home network or even from the internet (hence the name). There is a set of keyboard based pages that can be controlled from a remote. With a bit of tinkering of the button commands in the WS pages and the addition of an extra button command (the rec button is the most appropriate) you can call and control WS on the MVP and then return to the hauppauge software.

Because of this the hauppauge software was my preferred way to control the MVP but GBPVR is now so far ahead of it I decided to sacrifice that functionality and ditch the hauppauge software.
I doubt you'll ever get webscheduler working within GB-PVR.

Does GB-PVR's builtin BDA support not work for you?
Not yet, it does not seem to handle multiple cards of the same type very well. I had it working briefly after removing the extra cards and leaving one installed. It worked for a little while when the other cards were put back in but stopped connecting and I could not rescan any channels. My HTPC is used fairly heavily so I have not had time yet to pull the extra cards out and try again. Because of this I have not yet been able to try out GBPVRs full BDA support yet (I haven't even tried scheduling yet) and WS is far and away the best scheduling tool I have come across so I'm sticking with it for the time being.