NextPVR Forums

Full Version: SSPlus 0.9.1 BETA - a screensaver for NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SSPlus is a replacement for the default screensaver. It provides a range of user selectable Views from a simple logo to detailed Now Playing information including Album Art and tag information.

Full details, screenshots and download are available here on the wiki: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Plugin.SSPlus

ACTCMS/Jaggy
I have had the privilege of testing this in the last 36 hours before it was released. I would encourage anyone looking to 'enhance' NextPVR to have a look now Big Grin

This is the kind of thing that drives the rock and steady core of NextPVR up a notch Wink

Me like? How much? Muchy muchy muchy Cool

cheers

steeb
Looking good. Big Grin
This is pretty nice...
I like it. Can you make it so that almost any key except those used by the screensaver will make it return to npvr?
There are a few other features on the to-do list which will require extra SSPlus control keys - still to be decided. We didn't want folks getting used to escaping with keys which we would be trapping in the future. Hopefully, we'll have this sorted out by the time we get out of BETA.

Alex
Speaking of the above, as I was just configuring it on a client, it might be nice if the initial instructions would reference remote control keys to do the same things as the keyboard. The text is definitely large enough that you should be able to configure/modify settings with the remote.
I didn't like the lose of any key at first, but you quickly get used to hitting enter. Being able to control music and start MB4 random play without leaving the screen saver more than makes up for it.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Being able to control music and start MB4 random play without leaving the screen saver more than makes up for it.

Martin

This is the first thing I tried and I *LOVE IT*.
smajor Wrote:Speaking of the above, as I was just configuring it on a client, it might be nice if the initial instructions would reference remote control keys to do the same things as the keyboard. The text is definitely large enough that you should be able to configure/modify settings with the remote.
Would you prefer seperate instruction sections for Keyboard and Remote control? I'm sure if you suggest alternative text, Jaggy would be happy to happy to look at it Smile

Alex
Pages: 1 2