NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting Ac3 Audio to Work With Hauppauge Colossus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a Hauppauge Colossus installed. I have it configured in both of the supplied Arcsoft and WinTV programs to use the Toslink. Capturing using either program provides AC3 5.1 on channels transmitting it. I only get 2 channel ACC via NPVR. It is not a codec settings issue. It is recording in 2 channel ACC. I assume I'm doing something dumb but for the life of me cannot identify the issue. Does anybody know how to set this thing up to record off SPDIF in NPVR? I just don't see anything on any forum anywhere giving clues to what I'm doing wrong. Does anybody have this thing working in NPVR? If so, could you share what you did? Thanks.
Did you set <ForceSPDIF>true</ForceSPDIF> in the HDPVR section as explained in the thread on the patch http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...-Colossus?

Martin
I need to find a place in the patch list to remind Colossus users to look at the patch thread for the <ForceSPDIF> setting...
I had added forcespdif and set it to true per that thread. It hasn't worked. Is there a particular place in the config file where it should go? This is where I've added it:

<HDPVR>
<ForceSPDIF>true</ForceSPDIF>
<Mode720p>
<Bitrate>9000000</Bitrate>
<BitratePeak>13500000</BitratePeak>
<BitrateMode>VBR</BitrateMode>
</Mode720p>
<Mode1080i>
<Bitrate>9000000</Bitrate>
<BitratePeak>13500000</BitratePeak>
</Mode1080i>
<ModeSD>
<Bitrate>3000000</Bitrate>
<BitratePeak>5000000</BitratePeak>
</ModeSD>
</HDPVR>
That's what worked for me (I really don't know how sub is handling multiple HD-PVR and Colossus devices with this, I hope it's better than the blaster config) but you do need to restart the recording service. to have it work.

Martin
Since I couldn't figure out the problem, I tried reinstalling the driver. Was going to reinstall NPVR next. It worked. It records in Dolby 5.1 in NPVR. Don't understand it. It recorded Dolby 5.1 in both WinTV and Showbiz prior. Of course, I now have another problem. Whimper.

It doesn't always work. Sometimes the recordings don't have sound at all. If I cancel the recording and restart it, it will usually work (maybe always? - haven't been able to mess with it that much). The computer isn't waking from sleep or anything. Does anybody have any ideas? Appreciate the help.
Sorry. Just to be clear, I don't have the computer set for any of the sleep modes so it shouldn't be a problem related to waking up.
ToughRowToHoe Wrote:Since I couldn't figure out the problem, I tried reinstalling the driver. Was going to reinstall NPVR next. It worked. It records in Dolby 5.1 in NPVR. Don't understand it. It recorded Dolby 5.1 in both WinTV and Showbiz prior. Of course, I now have another problem. Whimper.

It doesn't always work. Sometimes the recordings don't have sound at all. If I cancel the recording and restart it, it will usually work (maybe always? - haven't been able to mess with it that much). The computer isn't waking from sleep or anything. Does anybody have any ideas? Appreciate the help.
You could try installing this patch: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post419979 (which adds some logging), then reproduce the problem and post the logs.
Thanks sub. I should have posted my logs already. I will run it and post the news ones shortly.
Sometimes get a high pitched noise. First try got sound so I canceled the recording. Second time resulted in the high pitch noise scenario. No other sound. Just a high pitched noise. Logs are attached. Thanks again sub.
Pages: 1 2 3