NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Repeatable crash during pause of live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My nPVR crashes everytime if I pause live tv and then press the up arrow button on my hauppague remote.

You may ask why would I press the up arrow button after pause. Well not intentionally at first. I had a problem of nPVR crashing everytime I used my sony remote. I turned out that sometimes nPVR/hauppage remote receiver interprets some sony remote commands as "pause" followed by "up" and that causes nPVR to crash every time.

Now I can repeat it with my hauppage remote.

Can somebody please confirm if the same thing happens on other setups?

Edit: it seems it is not just "up" that does it, but some other buttons as well (like "down") which if pressed during pause crashes nPVR.

Cheers
It is a known issue that you can't press skip or ff when paused or it crashes the playback of the show you are watching, but it does not crash npvr. I dont know about up or down.
I don't get a crash either way (that is, neither by pressing up/down, nor by pressing skip), but I do get a rather long delay before I can get playback to resume. sub said he's looking into the long delay after skipping while paused; I suspect the up/down issue is related.

@am2pgs: what kind of crash are you getting? .net exception? simple hang? nextpvr.exe has stopped responding? post logs.
It just hangs, showing the frame when paused. doesn't seem to respond to any of the remote keys. I have waited long enough, so definitely no delay issue. When I finally move the mouse and right click, nPVR exits with an exception.

Sorry it is a bit late in the day here. I'll definitely repeat the crash and post some log files. It may be something specific to my setup though.
When I Pause and hit UP/Down on the PCH I get the mini-mini EPG that you get when LiveTV play. On the PC it lockup and waits but I can use the mouse stop to exit.

Martin
I know I promissed a log file of the crash, but it seems the crash is not that repeatable after all. Today I tried repeating it but so far it just hangs temporarily, not responding to remote commands and eventually it springs to life - no crash yet.

I hope the exception I have seen a few times is also related to this delay after pause issue which sub is investigating.
I'm intending to try it here, but I've been busy with day job stuff the last few days.
I saw the crash again @ 21:55. Please see the attached logs.
I seem to see something resembling page up key event @ 2011-08-11 21:04:04.808 in nPVR.log

This must have been when using my Sony remote and it seems to me it has forzen soon after. Although I noticed it nearly an hour later when I switched to using the nPVR, only to find the screen frozen. I right clicked on the mouse and nPVR exited with exception.