NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playback pauses after skipping.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can usually skip through ads with about 3 "big" skips and three "little" ones. (big and little being the replay/skip and rev/fwd buttons on the remote). I'm finding that playback very often does not start again after doing this - maybe 3 times out of 5. I get to the end of the skipping, playback pauses or locks up and to get it going again I have to skip back and forward once or twice. Occasionally I give up and start playing again from the beginning.

Its been like this through all NPVR versions I've used - I installed it when it went 'public'. gbpvr was always perfect. But, I admit that may not be a fair comparison because I upgraded hardware, OS and to npvr all at the same time. Would be nice to fix this though.

Cheers
same here. also happens on auto-comskips. It's been complained about before, really not much response from sub as apparently it doesn't happen for him.
Oh dear. If *you're* having this problem I guess I'm not going to have much luck with it then. Thanks for your reply!
well you live in Sub's town, maybe go over to his house and stare at him until he fixes it Wink
sub did say he is looking into another problem that might turn out to be related somehow. if you pause, then skip even once, it takes quite awhile after that to resume playback (but it does always resume). it's a little different scenario with a little different symptom, but maybe we'll get lucky and get two fixes for the price of one.
Nah, this app has changed my (tv watching) life. Not going to abuse him for the sake of a mere convenience!

I don't know how you guys do it btw, but thanks!!
johnsonx42 Wrote:sub did say he is looking into another problem that might turn out to be related somehow. if you pause, then skip even once, it takes quite awhile after that to resume playback (but it does always resume). it's a little different scenario with a little different symptom, but maybe we'll get lucky and get two fixes for the price of one.

Yeah, I have noticed this too. I usually start skipping back and forwards which seems to make it recover faster.

Maybe it should be on a new thread, but do you know how to set the number of seconds the skip buttons go back and forwards? This used to be in config in gbpvr, but I think it's missing from settings in npvr?
it's not in the GUI, only in config.xml
Code:
<Playback>
    <SkipForwardSeconds>60</SkipForwardSeconds>
    <SkipBackSeconds>30</SkipBackSeconds>
    <SkipFFSeconds>10</SkipFFSeconds>
    <SkipRWSeconds>10</SkipRWSeconds>
  </Playback>
johnsonx42 Wrote:it's not in the GUI, only in config.xml
Code:
<Playback>
    <SkipForwardSeconds>60</SkipForwardSeconds>
    <SkipBackSeconds>30</SkipBackSeconds>
    <SkipFFSeconds>10</SkipFFSeconds>
    <SkipRWSeconds>10</SkipRWSeconds>
  </Playback>

Figured it would be there. Are these the default settings? When I skip backwards it feels like I have to do 5-10 button presses to go back the same amount that a fwd skip took me.
what I have is the default. I do find backwards skips are a bit shorter than they should be, and forward skips are a bit longer, but it doesn't make as much difference as you're observing. perhaps you have your buttons mapped wrong so you're doing the big skip forward, but only doing the small skips backwards?
Pages: 1 2