NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Things missing from GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just came back from a long 2 year hiatus from GBPVR to find this. I like how the new Next pvr looks but I see a lot of things missing from it. Are there plans to bring back auto conversion to DIVX and Comskip? I know there are addons. But I was wondering if plans are to integrate them into NPVR to access them from the settings menu like in GBPVR?
No plans to build these directly into the application. You can easily add them with a couple of lines in the PostRecording.bat file though.
sub Wrote:No plans to build these directly into the application. You can easily add them with a couple of lines in the PostRecording.bat file though.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but this is spoken like somebody that does programming. I consider my self fairly decent with pc's but I've never figured out how to write .bat files and I'm betting that most people that came to pc's post windows don't.
donschjr Wrote:I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but this is spoken like somebody that does programming. I consider my self fairly decent with pc's but I've never figured out how to write .bat files and I'm betting that most people that came to pc's post windows don't.
I'm sure if you had problems writing your own .bat file then you could post here and people would help you out. Alternatively a forum search would likely turn up examples of exactly what you want to do.

From the hindsight of GBPVR's use of built in transcoding - it'd only be used by a very small percentage of users, and would just complicate things and cause support issues (poor quality transcode by 3rd party utilities out of my control, breaking compatibility with client/server streaming etc). Its not worth integrating this sort of thing directly into the application. People can easily roll their own if they really want.

I cant add everything everyone might possibly want, otherwise we'll end up with a solution that looks like this:

[Image: TheHomer.jpg]
sub Wrote:...otherwise we'll end up with a solution that looks like this:
Your point being??? That looks like a pretty fine machine to me. Big Grin

@donschjr - as sub said, if you (or anyone) need(s) help with stuff like batch files then just shout out - there are plenty of people here on the forums who would be happy to help.
I'm fine with things the way they are I'm just saying that I don't think the majority of people know how to write a bat file and I see it mentioned as the solution a lot. I think it's something to keep in mind when answering questions.
I love that episode!

There some tips on the old gbpvr wiki, you would just have to change the paths to match npvr.

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/Post1
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/ProcessingBats
sub Wrote:I cant add everything everyone might possibly want, otherwise we'll end up with a solution that looks like this:

[Image: TheHomer.jpg]

Classic! Big Grin
sub Wrote:I cant add everything everyone might possibly want, otherwise we'll end up with a solution that looks like this:

Is that sub in the driver's seat? Big Grin

Iain