NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multiple problems(sorry!) NEWA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I seem to be having all sorts of problems getting the web admin to work since moving to NPVR....
1) If I change the username or password in the npvr settings page, it only seems to 'stick' if I reboot the whole PC. Can I some how just restart the web service to get it to accept any changes?
2) I can't log in from an external PC - I can get the login page so I know all the port forwarding is working correctly, but it insists that the password or user name is wrong every time. If I access the webadmin from a LAN PC I obviously bypass the login page , but if I click on the config page which does require a login I can use exactly the same saved user name and password that is being refused from the external PC
3) The config tab keeps disappearing. Sometimes it's there. Then it's not. Even backing up to a page where it was isn't a guarantee that it's still there !?!?

Have reinstalled latest version from wiki, plus one more recent patch to login2.aspx from one of the forum threads.
Sorry it has taken so long for me to get to this but life got in the way....

You should be able to just start/stop the npvr recording service for the change to take effect on the web.

To test the password thing internally go to the Config tab and click on the None button for automatic login......that will force login on you local network....just hit the Internal button to return it to internal networks auto-login when ready.

The config tab will disappear if you lose your security cookie that is created when you login.....not sure what would cause that perhaps a cookie blocker or if you are coming through a proxy perhaps.

You can also post the web log or pm me with it when you are having trouble logging in.....the log has fairly detailed reporting for logging in .

Let me know.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31495[/ATTACH]
can't seem to pm an attachment, so here you go. tried logging in internally (with auto login set t o none); works fine. try to access through external address, all other things kept the same, won't let me in Sad
Below is the issue.....when you access externally....are you coming in from an office or some other place that may have something in place to block things such as cookies and or javascript. Below you can see that your entered password is not making it to the server. As the logs also show when you are coming in internally your password does make it to the server.

Code:
2011-08-30 18:57:48.631    [INFO][4]    Failed login for fuzzweed from 93.97.170.189
2011-08-30 18:57:48.631    [INFO][4]    [color=#FF0000]Pasword hash value = [/color]
the example you have there is logging in from a PC on my home network but using internal ip then dyndns address. However I have also the same problem with a laptop logging in over a 3g network, and also from a laptop on a different fixed line internet connection. You see I have used tho old gbpvr port, could this be conflicting with some remnants of the old version, although I don't think it is any longer installed?
fuzzweed Wrote:the example you have there is logging in from a PC on my home network but using internal ip then dyndns address. However I have also the same problem with a laptop logging in over a 3g network, and also from a laptop on a different fixed line internet connection. You see I have used tho old gbpvr port, could this be conflicting with some remnants of the old version, although I don't think it is any longer installed?

If your server is W7 perhaps the firewall is letting in 7647 for program gbpvr and not npvr???? The w7 firewall is robust enough that it will allow ports to a specific program......try going into the w7 firewall and setup a rule to allow 7647 to go to the npvr program.....or is it the npvrrecording service....I forget.....
Sorry for the break in the conversation...
No software firewalls are on. I found some firewall settings in the router but these made no difference. Changed port number; no difference.

But I do have a further addition to the problem.
I've now set up a VPN to the server and then started and rdp session, and tried to login via localhost:, but the password isn't being passed through a virtual local address (if that makes any sense!) either.

As the last experiment I did involved removing the local auto login I'm now completely locked out of the webadmin.

Is there a EWA eqivelant of config.xml so I can at least make the autologin work again?

Really hoping you can shed some more light Sad

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31598[/ATTACH]
..I've found the web config file, just need to know what to put where to effectively turn off password control for all users on all IP ranges (I'll use the vpn for security, rather than EWA)
There is not a way to turn off security........the auto-login from lan uses incoming ip address ranges to determine if the acess is coming in from a local network or not.
I thought it was possible to specify a range of addresses using a subnet mask - but maybe I remembered this wrong.

Anyway the main issue is that I deleated all the allowed addresses through the config page, but as I now can't get into the config page I presume I can type them into the web config file. I just need to know where, and what format so I can at least get the the auto login working again locally.
Pages: 1 2