NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Scanning in Dish Network channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently, I am missing the obvious, but I can't find out how to scan in my Dish Network channels. I have a Hauppauge 1600, and the digital over the air channel scan in, but when I scan in the analog receiver, I only get the generic "analog channel 3". The scan did attempt to change the channels on my dish receiver (well, from 2-158) using the ir blaster.

The WinTV 7 app from Hauppauge does recognize the Dish Network channels. So, what am I doing wrong, or not doing that I am supposed to do?
Welcome!

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do, but in general, you
1) need to get the signal from your DN box to your 1600 card. This can only be done on the analog side, not the digital side. The 1600 cannot "scan" dish network. All tuning has to be done using your DN box. You need to connect the output of that box to your 1600. Likely the best is the Svideo input.
2) you need to get npvr to use the svideo input of the 1600. Honestly I don't do this so you will have to look on the wiki for more information. I do know it is pretty easy.
3) you need to configure an EPG source so npvr knows what channels you are trying to tune. You will need to use Schedules Direct or something similar.
4) You need to use the 1600's IR blaster to change the channels on the DN box.

This is a real basic list, but the wiki should get you there. Let us know more about what your are trying to do and we can get you more specific answers.