NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2.2.6 Client Live TV Unstable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Symptons: start watching Live TV on NPVR configured as a client. 15-20-30 minutes in, NPVR will go unresponsive and the standard Windows "NPVR Has Stopped Responding" dialog will pop up.

Exiting the program and restarting it seems to be enough to reset it and continue on, even watching Live TV i.e. Server seems unaffected.

Been watching Live TV directly on the server for about an hour now with no issues. Seems client related only. Client Logs attached, can't get at the server at the moment to grab those logs.
Do you also experience degraded performance on the client? I have the same problem, but in addition to stop working NextPVR on the client seems much slower than in 2.1.5.
I started this separate thread because I didn't want to take over your issue since it sounded like live tv startup problems only for you, sorry, I would have piggybacked on your thread if I had known you had this issue too.

I haven't seen any degraded performance, but the hardware I'm using is probably WAY overkill for NPVR purposes - nVidia 9800 series cards, higher end core2 and core quad processors. Probably my hardware is compensating.

I've attached more logs.
Great