NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2.2.6 & Hauppauge DCR-2650: Problem with non-subscribed channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, my cable company (Comcast) hasn't been able to figure out how to properly pair/activate their CableCard with my DCR-2650 yet. Hence, I can currently only use it to record/watch ClearQAM channels. Perfect time to test how NextPVR handles non-subscribed/unauthorized channels, right? That's what I thought, so this morning (8:54 in the logs) I gave it a simple test.

I was using the NMT client and tried to watch channel 831 (AMC HD). If I try to watch it in Windows Media Center with the DCR-2650, I get a message saying the channel is not subscribed. When I tried it with NextPVR, the recording service appears to have begun recording it. And it generates a .ts file. In the nrecord.log file I see multiple "Renew lease ok (0x5FC0004)" messages. I think that those are new for the DCR-2650 device. I'm not sure if they are good, bad, or indifferent...

On the NMT client, the screen just went black and then it hung. The logs.zip file contains a putty.log from the NMT client for Martin to look at.

I also made a similar "unsubscribed" recording earlier, and I tried playing it on the server pc with NextPVR.exe. It shows the black screen for a few seconds, but then goes back to the recordings list and marks the show as watched. I attached a separate .zip file with the NextPVR.log for that for comparison.

At the end of my test (9:07 in the logs), I shutdown the npvr recording service. There are DigitalRecorder.StopAllStreams() messages in the log file. However, it doesn't appear that npvr actually told the DCR-2650 to stop. When I looked at it, it still showed the tuner as in-use and was still transmitting data. I ended up manually stopping it with the HDHR Config utility.
Quote:I was using the NMT client and tried to watch channel 831 (AMC HD). If I try to watch it in Windows Media Center with the DCR-2650, I get a message saying the channel is not subscribed.
If you try this on the PC instead of the NMT, do you get a message telling you the content is encrypted?
BrettB can you provide the /tmp/dumpts.txt file from the NMT. I don't think it's hanging mvpmcx2 won't let you hit a key during pre-buffering because I can't tell the state of the demx, but you might be able to use the Power key as a work around.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:BrettB can you provide the /tmp/dumpts.txt file from the NMT. I don't think it's hanging mvpmcx2 won't let you hit a key during pre-buffering because I can't tell the state of the demx, but you might be able to use the Power key as a work around.

/tmp/dumpts.txt is at the beginning of the putty.log file. But here it is:
Code:
# cat /tmp/dumpts.txt
Read 200000 bytes 4

New PAT
  transport_stream_id : 0
  version_number      : 10
    | program_number @ [NIT|PMT]_PID
    |              2 @ 0x30 (48)
  active              : 1
Read 200000 bytes 4

New active PMT
  program_number : 2
  version_number : 19
  PCR_PID        : 0x31 (49)
    ] 0x09 : "GI"
    ] 0x05 : "CUEI"
    | type @ elementary_PID
    | 0x02 (ISO/IEC 13818-2 Video) @ 0x31 (49)
    | 0x81 (User Private) @ 0x32 (50)
    |  ] 0x0a : "eng"
    | 0x81 (User Private) @ 0x36 (54)
    |  ] 0x0a : "spa"
    | 0x86 (User Private) @ 0x33 (51)
    | 0xc0 (User Private) @ 0x34 (52)
    |  ] 0x05 : "ETV1"
    |  ] 0xa2 : ""
    | 0xc0 (User Private) @ 0x35 (53)
    |  ] 0x05 : "ETV1"
    |  ] 0xa1 : ""
mvallevand Wrote:I don't think it's hanging mvpmcx2 won't let you hit a key during pre-buffering because I can't tell the state of the demx, but you might be able to use the Power key as a work around.

I forgot to try the Power button. None of the other keys (stop, back, etc.) seemed to have any effect. So I ended up having to reboot the NMT. I'll give the Power button a try just to see.
sub Wrote:If you try this on the PC instead of the NMT, do you get a message telling you the content is encrypted?

Yes. On the PC when trying to watch live-tv, I do get that message.