NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DCR-2650 resume from sleep-not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had this happen twice. I let the system go to sleep,with a recording scheduled. When it goes to sleep, the DCR looses its connection to the PC. NPVR wakes the PC, and the DCR reconnects. BUT, it does not seem that npvr communicates with the tuners again. The recordings try to start and from the logs can tell there is a problem, but then think they have found the tuners and start recording. The problem is the tuners really are not active (their lights are not on at the DCR.) At that point, I can go in, kill the recording (zero byte files), and then to manually tune a channel. As soon as I hit WATCH, npvr locks up and I have to kill it from task manager. Logs are attached
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31504[/ATTACH]

This appears to be a DCR bug since it WMC can't find the tuner either. If I cycle power on the DCR it will then work.

My only concerns are that NPVR thinks it is recording when it is not, and it fully crashes when you try to manually tune under the "dead tuner" condition.

I will contact Hauppauge about the tuner resume issue
Quote:This appears to be a DCR bug since it WMC can't find the tuner either. If I cycle power on the DCR it will then work.
Yeah, sounds like some driver bug.
Sorry to butt in but could you not try using Media Center and see what happens when it goes to sleep. If it doesn't record, then you can rule NPVR out.
pcostanza Wrote:Sorry to butt in but could you not try using Media Center and see what happens when it goes to sleep. If it doesn't record, then you can rule NPVR out.

Please butt in Wink The only way we can figure this beast out is with the entire community. I did test that and Media Center was also said it could not find a tuner. But I did this after I let NPVR awaken it. I will test again letting media center wake it up. I would love someone else who now has a DCR-2650 to test the wake from sleep for a recording to verify if it is my system or a global problem. I think other things might be happening as well. Last night at the end of my testing, I can no longer get NPVR to show me anything off the DCR while WMC can. I rebooted everything and it is still not working. Going into setup, the tuners are still there and seem OK, but I am just getting black screens on live tv now. It is a clear QAM channel so decoding should not be the issue (the utility says it is clear). The logs seem to think everything is fine. I will try again this evening and see if it is still an issue. I was a little blurry eyed last night by the time I finished so I might had just done something stupid. I will post logs if it repeats.
If live TV is black, check your buffer directory for a file with the channel name, while "watching" live TV. It should be there and growing. Use alt-ENTER to go to windowed mode and then look at the buffer directory. This will at least tell you if the device is delivering data. Absent previous decoder problems, the black screen is most likely no data, at least in my recent experience with Network Recorder.
I updated the DCR firmware and it seems to work from resume now. I will update if it happens again.
soccerdad Wrote:I updated the DCR firmware

How did you do that?
roy Wrote:How did you do that?
The Hauppauge website now has posted new installers and a firmware update. If you use the main installer, it does the firmware and drivers. Or you can just update the firmware. It is simple and fast, just make sure everything is plugged in and hit go.