NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Skip / fast forward not working - random intervals and direction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
When playing back a recording, the skip and fast forward functions are not working correctly. I have them set to the default intervals. If I skip forward (or back) it jumps at seemingly random intervals. It will even go in the wrong direction. I've tried to discern a pattern but I can't find one. It never seems to do the same thing twice. I've had to resort to using a mouse to select a spot on the timeline.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and NextPVR 2.2.6. My hardware is a Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H motherboard/AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz triple-core processor with onboard ATI HD4250 video and a Hauppauge Colossus capture card. I have all the latest drivers. The TV is a 46" Samsung UN46D6000SF 1080p 120Hz LED LCD using an HDMI input.
yep. It has a mind of its own.
That is my no.1 gripe at the moment. Rather a basic function really for a PVR.
post logs
At least some of your symptoms sound like you don't have timing.info files. Are the recordings stored on an NTFS drive?
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what is a timing.info file. Where are we supposed to have it?

Yes the recordings are on an NTFS drive in my case. is that a problem? I was actually thinking of creating a seperate partition just for the recordings to see if that helps.
Try skipping around in one of these files, then post your npvr.log and I'll take a look.
Here are the logs, complete with some backwards fast forwarding. All the skipping I did for this example was in the forward direction. I did go forward once by clicking on the timeline.
Can you zip and attach the timing.info for this same file?

ie notepad "F:\nPVR\Recording\Americas Got Talent\Americas Got Talent_20110831_21002200.ts:timing.info"
Well, this may be the problem, I don't see a file like that. I only see the .ts file. What would keep it from being created? Could it be somewhere else?
Timing.info is an "Alternate Data Stream" (ADS) file. ie, kind of related fine stored within the .ts.

That command line I gave above should show it. "Americas Got Talent_20110831_21002200.ts" is the main file "Americas Got Talent_20110831_21002200.ts:timing.info" is the emedded ADS. Notice the colon in the name. That tells Windows to use the ADS file. If you run the following command, then you should see it.

Code:
notepad "F:\nPVR\Recording\Americas Got Talent\Americas Got Talent_20110831_21002200.ts:timing.info"
This assumes you're running on an NTFS drive though. FAT32 does not support ADS.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19