NextPVR Forums

Full Version: *.ISO playback issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.
Yesterday i noticed this issue:

I have one real DVD drive (H) and second virtual (I) Daemon tools lite drive.
If i try to play *.ISO file, NPVR start playback from real DVD drive instead of mounted one if there is a DVD present in real drive.
If i eject DVD from real drive, ISO is played correctly from virtual drive. NPVR should be configured OK.

Can this be a NPVR bug?
Is <DaemonToolsDrive> in your config.xml point at I:?
Yes.

<DaemonToolsExe>C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe</DaemonToolsExe>
<DaemonToolsDrive>H:\</DaemonToolsDrive>

From LOG:
2011-09-06 22:05:28.875 [DEBUG][1] running: H:\ -unmount 0
2011-09-06 22:05:29.687 [DEBUG][1] running: H:\ -mount 0,"E:\VIDEO\Filmy\Pohádky\Kocour VavĹ™inec a jeho přátelĂ© (2002).iso"

But NPVR play DVD located in real drive (F) instead.
In your original post your said the virtual drive was I:, but it was playing your physical DVD H:\. In that setting you show H:\ listed as your Daemon Tools drive, but then conflict your original post about the drive letters:
hoborg Wrote:I have one real DVD drive (H) and second virtual (I) Daemon tools lite drive.
If i try to play *.ISO file, NPVR start playback from real DVD drive instead of mounted one if there is a DVD present in real drive.
Quote:<DaemonToolsDrive>H:\</DaemonToolsDrive>
OK, i checked it again.
I changed virtual drive to X:, real drive is set to F:

And i have still the same problem...

2011-09-07 20:43:46.609 [DEBUG][1] running: X:\ -unmount 0
2011-09-07 20:43:47.437 [DEBUG][1] running: X:\ -mount 0,"E:\VIDEO\Filmy\Pohádky\Kocour VavĹ™inec a jeho přátelĂ© (2002).iso"

There is nothing like "Starting DVD from X:" in LOG. It looks like NPVR simply start DVD from first drive.
I normally find "me too" posts annoying but in this case it looks like a little confirmation (affirmation?) is in order so I will say that I have observed this same behavior on my setup. My physical drive is numbered (lettered, really) lower than my virtual drive. If I have a physical DVD in and attempt playback of an ISO, the physical disc will play. If this is limited to a subset of installations and additional logging or experimentation is needed, I am subscribed to this thread and will see follow-ups.
Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.
This typically happens if you are running AnyDVD and it has not finished the decryption scan before NextPVR attemps to play the disc. It most notibly happens to me when attempting to mount a Bluray ISO from a network location.

If you are running AnyDVD, switch NextPVR to windowed mode and watch to see if the fox in the taskbar goes red before playback starts. If it doesn't, that is the issue and you will need to increase the following setting in config.xml:

<DaemonToolsDelay>3500</DaemonToolsDelay>
whurlston Wrote:This typically happens if you are running AnyDVD and it has not finished the decryption scan before NextPVR attemps to play the disc. It most notibly happens to me when attempting to mount a Bluray ISO from a network location.

If you are running AnyDVD, switch NextPVR to windowed mode and watch to see if the fox in the taskbar goes red before playback starts. If it doesn't, that is the issue and you will need to increase the following setting in config.xml:

<DaemonToolsDelay>3500</DaemonToolsDelay>
Hoborg, did you try this?
I increased it to 9000 and still the same result :/
Pages: 1 2