NextPVR Forums

Full Version: my daily nPVR crash simulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I have mentioned before my nPVR keeps crashing everyday. It usually involves some combination of remote keypresses while I am not actually watching nPVR (my wife still likes to use the TV directly).

So I decided to create the problem in a somewhat controlled manner.Please see the log files attached. so here is what I did:
Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@16:16 closed all nPVR apps cleared the log files and restarted nPVR
started liveTV - got picture ok
pressed some random keys on my Hauppage remote (pause, up/down, left, right, ok)
after a short while nPVR stopped responding
pressed channel up, nothing, channel down, no response
left it there frozen for half an hour or so
@16:59 came back to nPVR and it still was frozen
pressed play, up, down, but no response
rightclicked with mouse several times still no response
fiinally pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del, and chose switch to task > nextPVR, it said nextPVR is not responding.
Noted the folllowing problem details:

##################################################
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: NextPVR.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e5bf19c
Hang Signature: 1eb9
Hang Type: 257
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Hang Signature 1: 1eb974806ed15d0e57ab3d0f4a18f89f
Additional Hang Signature 2: 8ced
Additional Hang Signature 3: 8ced1545ae58cefb9b079581237f076a
Additional Hang Signature 4: e225
Additional Hang Signature 5: e225d1c6d435bf38eabef42faf1c0ff3
Additional Hang Signature 6: 3479
Additional Hang Signature 7: 347970e92e628cf4ef11bd57b28d6972
################################################
here is another crash log a few minutes later at ~ 17:30
This time it only took a pause and up/down keypresses to kill it.
Based on those logs in looks like a problem in the TV Recordings panel appearing during LiveTV Maybe you find out if your problem is with NPVR or with the plugins by using just the default NPVR options.

Martin
As far as I am aware, the only pluging I have added is the TVListings.
I try to disable that and see if the problem still persists.

Edit: Now I see what you meant. But I am puzzled about that. At no point during the testing did I intentionally enter or see nPVR entering the recording panel. Also I have no recordings scheduled!

Edit: I disabled TV Listings and enabled TV Guide. But that didn't help. Also tried it with the recordings plugin disabled to no avail.
Can you post another log of that crash with TV Listings/Recordings disabled?
am2pgs Wrote:Edit: Now I see what you meant. But I am puzzled about that. At no point during the testing did I intentionally enter or see nPVR entering the recording panel. Also I have no recordings scheduled!

Note that the TV Listings "recording panel" refers to a display on Main Menu, not to the Recordings screen.

Quote:Edit: I disabled TV Listings and enabled TV Guide. But that didn't help. Also tried it with the recordings plugin disabled to no avail.

Also, how did you "disable" the TV Listings plugin? As I recall, you can't just uncheck it from the menu layout. (Unchecking there keeps it from being listed on the menu, but doesn't keep it from being loaded by NPVR.) I think to totally disable a plugin and keep it from being loaded, you have to remove the folder from the Plugins folder.
sub Wrote:Can you post another log of that crash with TV Listings/Recordings disabled?

Please find attached another log. This time with Recordings & TV Listing disabled and TV Guide Enabled.

Note: I also removed TV Listings from the plugin folder before starting nPVR.
If you temporarily disable all the audio decoders other than MPEG1 Layer II, does the problem still happen?

Does it happen on playback of recordings, or only when playing live tv?
I disabled all audio decoders. Still happens during live TV. Please see the attached log.

Then I enabled the audio decoders and the recordings plugin and tried to make it happen during playback of a recording. It doesn't. So it is only during liveTV playback.

also looking at previous nrecord.log, to me this line stands out .
2011-09-10 21:12:50.512 [ERROR][7] Live stream expired without renewal. (handle:140003)
So does this happen every time you attempt to use live tv, or just some of the attempts?

Does it happen on the first channel, or does it happen when you try to change channels?
Pages: 1 2