NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multidec setup stopped working!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some weeks ago I finally upgraded my system from XP to Windows 7. Did a fresh install of NPVR and copied all my settings (db+config.xml)from the old setup. Amazingly all worked out of the box including the Multidec setup for enctrypted channels (an Acamd setup which is calling a newCS server located on my WHS machine).

Yesterday I noticed that I no longer had my encrypted channels (DVB-S) working. All free channels on DVB-T still works. Starting to troubleshoot, I am not even able to see NPVR making calls to Acamd as the Acamd monitor is not logging any calls to the server.

As I had kept my XP partition I was able to reboot in XP, copied my NPVR db over and started LiveTV. All works, and the Acamd monitor shows logging of all interaction with the cardserver.

What has happened? and how can I see how NPVR is using the Acamd solution located in the MDplugins folder.

Logs are attached, but I am not able to find anything in them that could direct me to what could be wrong.

Any ideas???

\\Agerdin
agerdin Wrote:Some weeks ago I finally upgraded my system from XP to Windows 7. Did a fresh install of NPVR and copied all my settings (db+config.xml)from the old setup. Amazingly all worked out of the box including the Multidec setup for enctrypted channels (an Acamd setup which is calling a newCS server located on my WHS machine).

Yesterday I noticed that I no longer had my encrypted channels (DVB-S) working. All free channels on DVB-T still works. Starting to troubleshoot, I am not even able to see NPVR making calls to Acamd as the Acamd monitor is not logging any calls to the server.

As I had kept my XP partition I was able to reboot in XP, copied my NPVR db over and started LiveTV. All works, and the Acamd monitor shows logging of all interaction with the cardserver.

What has happened? and how can I see how NPVR is using the Acamd solution located in the MDplugins folder.

Logs are attached, but I am not able to find anything in them that could direct me to what could be wrong.

Any ideas???

\\Agerdin
I can't see anything either, are you sure you have ffdesca.dll in the npvr programs folder? And both Nrecord.exe and NextPVR.exe is allowed through the firewall? Device is set to multidec and instances >0 in Settings->Devices?
Reddwarf Wrote:I can't see anything either, are you sure you have ffdesca.dll in the npvr programs folder?

Yes, its still there. It was working in my new Win7 setup just a few days ago.

Reddwarf Wrote:And both Nrecord.exe and NextPVR.exe is allowed through the firewall?

Yes, I have also turned off the firewall completely both on my NPVR machine as well as for the WHS during testing.

Reddwarf Wrote:Device is set to multidec and instances >0 in Settings->Devices?

Yes, no change there.

Thanks for looking into this but something must have changed within NPVR and I cannot remember doing anything.

Sub, is there anyway to log NPVR activities in relation to Multidec?

\\Agerdin
You might see some messages in the output if you kill the recording service, and instead run it from the command line "nrecord.exe RUN". When run this way, do you at least see the Acamd tray icon load?
sub Wrote:You might see some messages in the output if you kill the recording service, and instead run it from the command line "nrecord.exe RUN". When run this way, do you at least see the Acamd tray icon load?

Thanks sub, that helped some. By running the service out of a cmd window as suggested I am getting a popup warning "load library () failed". By OK'ing that dialogue window Acamd seems to get started and live tv starts. Unfortunately its only temporary as it does not work when the recording service is started the normal way.

Attaching the output from the cmd window.

Thanks,

\\Anders
Does it tell you DLL is failing to load with LoadLibrary?

When you ok it, does it managed to successfully decrypt the channel?
sub Wrote:Does it tell you DLL is failing to load with LoadLibrary?

When you ok it, does it managed to successfully decrypt the channel?

It does not tell me what is failing but only "LoadLibrary () failed" and Yes, when I ok the popup decryptions starts.

\\Agerdin
Can you post the output up until the message appears? Dont click ok.
sub Wrote:Can you post the output up until the message appears? Dont click ok.

Attached output and snippet of popup. I had a recording scheduled so the popup came right away,

\\Agerdin
I think the problem is just because you have ffdecsa.dll in the 'Hauppauge WInTV 885 Tuner_Demod #1-1' tuner directory. From memory you only need this in the npvr executable directory.

I think it's trying to load it as a multidec plugin.
Pages: 1 2