NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nrecord.exe still running even stopped NPVR service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm running 2.2.6 with latest patch updates. computer config: Win7 home premium 64bit, Core-i3 3.1Ghz, 4G RAM.
capture device: 2x Hauppauge HDPVR, 1x USB-Live2

recently i'm testing to set schedule recording with using your command line schedule.exe, and make recordings on 3 devices at the same time. But somehow the Nrecord.exe couldn't stop the recording properly. e.g. the program show time is from 12:00am - 5:00pm, Nrecord.exe was still making recordings after 5:00pm. And when trying to stop NPVR service, Nrecord.exe kept running even you tried to kill task using "taskkill" command. When it happens, I have to restart the PC to remove that Nrecord.exe, otherwise the NPVR won't work.

attached the log files for your reference, thanks.
We occasionally see a driver crash while it's try to stop a device, which can lead to those symptoms. In this case it's stuck in a driver call, so cant be killed.
yeah, I get the same thing. if npvr doesn't crash out gracefully, it'll get stuck. the funny thing is even the Service Manager will believe the service is stopped, and if I start it again it'll actually spawn a new instance of NRecord. However usually the new instance isn't completely functional, as it can't access resources still being held by the orphaned instance. reboot is the only cure.
johnsonx42 Wrote:yeah, I get the same thing. if npvr doesn't crash out gracefully, it'll get stuck. the funny thing is even the Service Manager will believe the service is stopped, and if I start it again it'll actually spawn a new instance of NRecord. However usually the new instance isn't completely functional, as it can't access resources still being held by the orphaned instance. reboot is the only cure.

That's what I encountered everyday. It seems that it happens once I installed the USB-Live2. If so, do you have any recommendation on hardware which can capture video through composite (red-white-yellow) cables and work well with NPVR?

thanks.
I have tested to record video today using only 1 USB-Live2 (no other capture device running) for 5 hours. the result is consistent that Nrecord.exe never stop at the scheduled end time but continued the recording.
Any workaround I may have in this situation?

if USB-Live2 is really no good, could you recommend some other hardware on your list? Composite input is good enough (i.e. no need to have HD)

thanks a lot.
Can you post another set of logs showing a recording that runs past its end time?
sub Wrote:Can you post another set of logs showing a recording that runs past its end time?

hi sub, attached the logs for your reference. I copied these logs at 22:24 today. At NRecord.log, you can see it was trying to stop a recording which was supposed to stop at 22:00.

Thanks for your support.
No obvious sign of any problems, other than the stop hanging.

Does it do it every time?

I'm not sure I've seen any other user with a USB Live2, so I'm not sure if this a general problem with this device/drivers.
It looks it happens every time I set the long-time recordings (e.g. 6 hours), and at the same time another HDPVR box is also recordings. Sad
again, fyr.
reupload the log after I "stop NPVR". But actually NRecord.exe became orphan and stay in the process list. However, the logs assumed the service stopped.

Would it be working better in 32-bit environment? :confused:
Pages: 1 2