NextPVR Forums

Full Version: hardware compatibility list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, just wonder if there is the hardware compatibility list for NPVR. I want that and see what hardware I may choose to buy to work with NPVR. could anyone help?

Thanks a lot.
There isnt a complete list at this stage. A subset of those tested are here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...ture-Cards, but it's a very incomplete list.

Your best bet is to go with a Hauppauge device, since these are well support, and pretty much every model works.
At least a genuine Commodore C64 would be underpowered for a task with NextPVR.

To be honest, it would be a lot easier, if you could ask a precise question like: "Will Hauppauge PVR-150 be enough" or "Are 2 GB RAM good" or or or. With your above question we didn't even know if you were talking about processor, harddisk, tuner ... Smile
ShiningDragon Wrote:At least a genuine Commodore C64 would be underpowered for a task with NextPVR.

To be honest, it would be a lot easier, if you could ask a precise question like: "Will Hauppauge PVR-150 be enough" or "Are 2 GB RAM good" or or or. With your above question we didn't even know if you were talking about processor, harddisk, tuner ... Smile

hi ShiningDragon, I'm talking about the video capture device or cards. My PC should be powerful enough (Win7 64bit, dualcore, 4G ram...). I have 2x HDPVR, 1x USB-Live2. In my tests, USB-Live2 seems "lock up" the Nrecord.exe during long time recording, causing recording unstoppable unless restart the machine. So I wonder if there is some other recommendation which is stable working with npvr.