NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Shutdown using MCE remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone found a way to “Shutdown” Vista with a MCE remote? Under XP it was possible to shutdown my NPVR client in my bedroom using my MCE remote which meant not having to get out of bed on a cold winter night! However I have recently started using Vista instead as it cured some of my problems, but can no longer use the remote to shut down. XP gave you the option to “Shutdown”, Hibernate” or “Sleep” but under Vista the “Shutdown” option is missing. Hibernate would be an acceptable alternative but at wake up NPVR client dosnt work correctly. The EPG is correctly displayed but “Live TV” does not work and “Recordings” are empty so NPVR has to be restarted.
You could use a custom task, or better yet, the System plugin which has options to do shutdowns, restarts, hibernates, etc...

Iain
I use Eventghost with my Hauppage MCE 2250. I've got log out,shutdown, all NPVR mapped as well as vlc and other apps.
Here's my usual plug for LMRemote: http://www.lmgestion.net/

I do a full shutdown with it on the NPVR client in the bedroom every night.
ir server suite has macros easy as to use and works well
you could have it close nextpver when going into hibernate and restart it after a few seconds after waking up to make sure the network is connected first
Thanks for the replies. Shutdown from the system plugin certainly works as as a quick fix for now. IR Server Suite looks interesting especially if it could made to work around the client hibernation problem.