NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR Crashing Exiting Freeview HD Channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sub
From the time that you produced this patch http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post415842 in the previous version of NPVR, I have had a problem with crashes when going back to the epg from Freeview HD channels.
This only happens on HD using the PCTV nano stick (930e?) - not on DVB-T SD which normally uses the Compro E700 tuner.
If another HD channel is recording this doesn't happen otherwise its about a 1 in 3 chance of a crash. Always the logs just show a single entry "Escaping" then nothing.
Then its out with the keyboard to try to get task manager to shut down NPVR which usually takes several attempts (Reset button if it's the wife!)

Unfortunately I can't provide crash dumps for a couple of weeks - just moved and no internet at moment - even this message is over dial-up at the office :eek: - just managing to keep the patches up to date - I am on 2.2.6.
I cant think why that would cause a crash. Must be something funny about the PCTV drivers. Anyway, I dont think the changed helped johnsonx42, so here is an updated version that has that change removed.
to my knowledge, no it didn't help. I had the same crash once or twice after that fix went in, but have not had it again since fully updating with all the latest windows updates which I had fallen pretty far behind on, and also updated my tuner drivers.
Thanks Sub
Ill try it tonight and let you know tomorrow.

One more week till the new phone line + tinternet is installed Big Grin
That seems to have helped some - Now exiting HD channels back to EPG is almost instant, rather than the 6 or 7 seconds it was taking before.

Still had one crash when escaping back after only a couple of seconds of watching 4HD - NPVR probably tried to delete buffer before it had started writing it :eek:

I won't try to sort this until the house is on line - definitely a SAF update and probably another Gigabyte of MS updates to download Big Grin
Sub
Just a quick update on this problem.
After removing this delay I was still getting the odd crash of NPVR - less than half the previous number.
However since installing the Collect EID false update and config line I have only had 1 crash escaping out of Freeview HD (12 days use) and that was escaping from the BBC One HD "This program is not available in HD" message which is very bright red with almost no movement - probably PDVD 11 Codec borked.