NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No thumbnails anymore within TV Listings after progressing to NextPVR 2.2.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Alibert!

After updating the server and clients to NextPVR 2.2.6 i can not see any thumbnails created by xmltvextras.exe anymore. They're just disappeared. Has something changed in the database of NextPVR?
Hi,

no, it's working here like in previous npvr versions. When the plugin is about to show an image for a show in the details popup, there should be some information about the images written into the npvr.log - so maybe this helps to narrow the problem.

-alibert
Below here you'll find a zipped npvr.log.

What i have already done to upgrade to NextPVR 2.2.6

At first i disabled as usual the recording service and closed all nextpvr related tasks/appliacations. After this me installed NextPVR 2.2.6. Under normal conditions this update procedure works without any problems.
But after this, the thumbnails just disappeared. So i backed up my NextPVR installation and uninstalled it completely (all folders, registry entries etc) and restarted the machine.
I made a clean install of NextPVR just with AudioAdjust, TV Listings and xmltvextras.com.
I have imported my tv movie generated xml into the database. After this, me updated the epg. And then i started xmltvextras.exe manual.

The result you can see in the attached zip file. Any idea what this could be?
I think you may need to move all your images from program file\devnz\gbpvr\media (or something like that) to c:\users\public\NPVR\media\shows
Hi,

it just seems that the images can't be downloaded from the internet, as tv movie server responds with http 404 - not found. I'm having the same problem from here, too, and the same problem occurs with their clickfinder application (when selecting "Bildergalerie"). I guess that we'll have to wait until their server is okay again.

-alibert
Within clickfinder i don't have any problems with the pictures, they're all available. Could it be, that they changed some pathes for retrieving the pictures?
Hi,

inside the clickfinder application, there's a local cache of low-res images that are loaded from disk. The images from the internet are only shown when you select "Bildergalerie starten" or something like that for a show within the clickfinder application - and those images are broken. The clickfindertoxmltv utitlity prefers the hyperlinks for the high-res images when exporting them to the xmltv file, that's why they don'T work from within the plugin at the moment. Again, if the tv movie server that is hosting the images responds with http 404, there's nothing that I can do at the moment.

However, I think there should be some kind of fallback for the low-res images, I'm going to have a look why the fallback doesn't kick in at the moment when I get some time.

-alibert
Hi,

would you mind trying the attached version of the plugin that should try alternative image possibilities as fallback if downloading fails? This should at least give you the lower resolution icons that the clickfinder application uses internally.

-alibert
Alibert, thank you very much for this patch! It looks like i missed an update to this thread. oO

I have tested the patch. On the server it works like a charme, the tv guide has thumbnails finally back again. But the clients don't show the thumbnails (with/without tv listings beta patch). Any idea for this? Big Grin
Hi,

this happnes because the small thumbnails are no longer fetched from the internet but from the local harddisk of the server in that case, and this filepath doesn't exist on the clients. I think there is a setting in the clickfinder application that lets you specify the directory where the thumbnails are stored, maybe you can try to map this path to a directory that is shared to the clients, too.

-alibert
Pages: 1 2