NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Missed recording, no idea why (cant find logs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a Hauppauge HVR-2250, it works fine, i can record one analogue channel and watch another (ive just tested it 2 mins ago), however i had something last night i wanted to record (23 sep 2011, 2000-2100, it failed, i have no idea why, i was watching TV (via a client), i cant find any log files (where are they stored?).

I use Schedule direct from inside nPVR and i notice all the listings have gone (blank in the TV Listings) from 23 sep 2011 2000 and before.

Server and client are Windows XP 64bit, 4Gb RAM, 1TB hard drive (loads of space left), tested today as working fine, like to bebug what happened yesterday.
Per the getting started sticky at the top of the NPVR support forum, the logs are here:

[INDENT]NPVR LOGS
NPVR logs pretty much everything it does in several log files. You should zip and attach your logs to any support post. The default log location is in the logs directory under the npvr data directory:
Windows Vista & Windows 7: C:\users\public\npvr\logs
Windows XP: C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\npvr\logs[/INDENT]
None of the logs have anything in them dated from 23 sep Sad
That's why you should attach all your logs, I'm sure you and I have discussed this before. http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post362931

Martin
And Ashley, don't forget the wiki:

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...alledParts

cheers

steeb
Ashley, perhaps i am wrong, but i had a similar problem in the beginning of nextpvr with my two hvr-2200 cards. I searched the error and looked ... but couldn't find anything, until i saw that i only configured channels for ONE tuner of ONE card. The other 3 tuners were empty ... -.-

If i watched Live TV, no problem, because the first tuner was used. If i recorded one show, all was ok, because the first tuner had it's channels. But more then one activity = fail, because only one tuner had it's channels.

You should take a peek inside the settingsmenu of nextpvr and look, if all your tuners have the identical channellist (2* dvb and/or 2* atsc).
ShiningDragon Wrote:You should take a peek inside the settingsmenu of nextpvr and look, if all your tuners have the identical channellist (2* dvb and/or 2* atsc).

I thught this, both tuners (on the same card) have identical channel lists, i have since tested (watch 1 record other) and this is working, so might have been "teething issues"!!!

Keeping an eye on it