NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV Buffer deletion (when)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

I have v2.2.6, and a client install, watch live tv on the client alot, i notice the Live TV Buffer directory has about 12.4Gb of files in it, does this not get deleted when i stop watching TV?
Does only do it whan you use a client, or does it also happen when you watch tv directly on the server?
sub Wrote:Does only do it whan you use a client, or does it also happen when you watch tv directly on the server?

I only watch TV from the client install, and it looks like every file its created on the server buffer location has never been deleted, i cant watch TV on the server, i could try to test this if it will help?
It's a very well know client problem.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:It's a very well know client problem.
I remember you mentioning it was happening with the NMT, but I dont remember seeing it from a client PC. They work very differently, and it'd be a different cause.
I thought I was pretty clear http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post416303 and in a few other posts. It isn't better 2.2.6

I also asked if you could test deleting from the PC client you were setting up here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post418786

Martin
I can confirm this behaviour and it's nothing "new". I use the server/client functionality over years and there was with every nextpvr release the "problem" with undeleted bufferfiles ( even an 1,5 TB timeshift hdd is completely full one day XD ).
Currently i have a workaround via batch file running, which is deleting via taskplaner every hour all bufferfiles from this folder.
Environment on my server is: Windows 7 SP1 x64 and the timeshift folder lies under a seperate hdd, which doesn't have driveletter. It's available as ntfs folder with full access.
Play on the server, works fine (when stopped watching live TV the file is removed).
Play on the nPVR client, file stays there.

Antivirus does not scan this folder live or in virus scans (Symantec Corporate is used).
ShiningDragon Wrote:batch file running, which is deleting via taskplaner every hour all bufferfiles from this folder

Good work around as it cant delete anytyhing in use anyway (stuff being watched), thick i will do the same until its fixed.
Yes, my PC clients do this too. I have a bat file that deletes them on the server around 4am every morning.
Pages: 1 2 3