NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Skipping Freeview HD causes picture corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using cyberlink PDVD 11 decoder from SAF6, skipping forward on a UK freeview HD recording results in the image becoming corrupted (massive pixalation) about 70% of the time. The only way to resolve it is to exit back to the menu and then resume.

Any ideas as to the probably cause or suggestions for alternative decoders to try?
Seeing as you're using Windows 7, you might as well try the Microsoft video decoder.

Iain
That Microsoft decoder works fine for me with W7 and Freeview HD via a PCTV Nanostick - I have more problem with SD ;(
well I'll be damned. I'm sure the last time I tried the MS decoder, I had problems using it. it seems to work ok-ish. I am seeing some periodic big delays when skipping and the image "wobbles" for a second or 2 after the skip but at least it recovers and plays ok after that. So certainly a step forward.

I tried the unmanaged.dll patch from here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...used/page2
and the tsreader update the post refers to but that seemed to make things worse so I went back to the R1 patches.

cheers