NextPVR Forums

Full Version: xml file grabbed from a server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having issues with my EPG setup. I don't understand what's wrong...about 6 months ago mc2xml started giving me a TCP error instead of downloading any new listings. This was when I was using GBPVR and I've (incidentally) formatted my PC and started using NPVR since then. And my firewall is off.

So any hints on that would be great, but I've moved on to plan B: storing the xml file on a server and downloading it from there. That should be possible based on this text that I found in the wiki, but I can't figure out how to make npvr look there. The wording suggests that I can actually point NPVR to a web address, but my options on the Import screen for EPG Source are just XMLTV and Schedules Direct.

You will need an XMLTV grabber to download your EPG data into a file, and then point NextPVR to that file which can be stored anywhere on your system. NPVR can also link directly to an XMLTV file on a web server. Configure your grabber according to any given instructions. Once you've set the options correctly and executed the grabber it will produce a data.xml file (the name may vary but the extension will always be ****.xml).

Thanks for any help!
that used to happen to me when i first started using mc2xml, fixing it consisted of re-creating the .dat file [basically resetting it up w/zip and country,etc]
i think additions of new cable co's in your area prompt this..but could be anything..
try deleting the mc2xml.dat or whatever yours is called and running it manually once to reset up..
well, i actually have no dat or xml files at all, because of the TCP error it just closes the cmd window and never creates them. It's very weird, because it used to work. Thank you though!
and...my new problem is that the xml file I downloaded elsewhere (I had someone else run the grabber with my zip and post it for me to download this time) isn't working. I pointed npvr to it but all my satellite channels show up as No Data. Anything I'm missing? I shut the program and restarted it after linking the xml file. The listings are in the (huge) xml file, they're just not getting to npvr. It's not because I'm missing the dat file, is it? I assumed I wouldn't need it since I can't download the listings myself using the grabber...
I reckon you should work out why mc2xml isnt running for you. It sounds like you're making a complicated workaround that will be prone to errors.