NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel appears on wrong MUX scanning UK DVB-T (as well as correc6t one).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my soon-to-be-live npvr install on a new box that is running in parallel with the ever reliable old GBPVR box, I got shouted at because a couple of recordings went missing.

It looks like that during scanning, a channel (may be more than one, just that one has been noticed) is found on a mux that it is not really on and that mapping picks the wrong one by sods law.

Channel in question is "challenge" and is on the mux at 730MHz but is also detected at 546MHz and this is what seems to get used.

Attached zip contains log from a scanning run starting from an empty database also a listing from ScanchannelsBDA that shows what that finds.

I have a vague feeling it may be a broadcasters fault combined with subs excellent system of detecting UK channels that are "part time".

cheers,
Martin
Forget this for the moment - something odd may be happening - looks like old gbpvr machine may have missed some as well. more later.
I think Challenge has just changed frequencies, because I noticed it being different last night too. Pick TV +1 was another one (on GBPVR it started showing Challenges' content). I haven't rescanned yet, but chances are they're just pissing about yet again.

The BBC freqs on satellite have changed too (for some channels).

Iain
I think what may be happening is that Challenge moved but has left behind a teletext stream telling you so.

I didn't know Beeb on sat had changed - oh bugger....... do you know which ones?
martint123 Wrote:I didn't know Beeb on sat had changed - oh bugger....... do you know which ones?

Yep: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...es-shuffle

Iain
imilne Wrote:Yep: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...es-shuffle

Iain

I bet you said that with a smile Wink.... What I need is more bookmarks of things I should remember.!!

I've got challenge working on the gbpvr box by manually tweaking the cache file... looks like it may be a database edit for npvr? but I'll forget that for now.
martint123 Wrote:I bet you said that with a smile Wink

The snarky comment side of my brain did light up for a while, but ultimately I got the better of it Big Grin

Iain
Actually, it seems Pick TV +1 has ceased broadcasting for good now (as of the 20th).

Iain