NextPVR Forums

Full Version: completely lost with mdapi...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok im really lost with mdapi/cardreader/whatever.

im not sure what i need, and where i need it :|

ive managed to get npvr to scan the sky channels, but when i try to watch one, it just says "please wait" and hangs.

ive put acamd in the mdplugins\[tunername] directory (version 620 so i dont believe i need newcs running???)
ive registered mdapifilter 2009 v3

also im not even sure what settings i need for acamd?

anyone fell like helping me out? im swear im going to write a guide for this if i ever get it going....
You need NewCS if you are going to take advantage of npvr's multirecord feature. Acamd can read the smartcard itself, but if you have more than one instance of a tuner (multirecording) each would need to read the card, and if one has already grabbed it, the others will not be able to access the smartcard.
To get some of this stuff going, its often helps to kill the 'NPVR Recording Service', and temporarily run "nrecord.exe RUN" instead, since some of the multidec stuff spits out messages to standard output. These messages cant normally be seen when you're running as a service.

Once you get it working, you can then switch back to running it as a service.

In addition to having acamd in mdplugins\[tuner] directory, you'll also need FFDecsa.dll in the NextPVR executables directory ('C:\Program Files\NPVR\FFDecsa.dll' or 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\FFDecsa.dll')
cheers guys. that clears a few things up.

im away from my htpc atm, but theres 3 options for CAM or something, in the tuner settings window, which one should i be using?
Use Multidec, and a number of instances (rarly need more that 3 or 4)
cheers guys, im a step closer.

im using oscam service (a user on geekzone is helping me out) and ive managed to watch a single encrypted channel. but when i try to record a second the status window shows it is recording, the second tuner is "active" and recording to a file, but i cannot playback that file. im using a quad tuner and have set them all to 4 instance of cam.

on a unrelated-ish note, is there any way to copy configuration from one tuner to another after they have been initially configured? i did a original scan and only got 18 channels, wasnt too worried at first as i was trying to get it working. then i did a rescan afterwards and found 64ish channels, but have to manually do this to each tuner on the quad card. also you cant sort the lists in the channel windows, which can be annoying when there is 4 instances of "TV One" and you're wanting to make sure you've only clicked one (also "TV2", "TV3", "Prime" not sure why they have some many versions of the same channel).
reven Wrote:cheers guys, im a step closer.

im using oscam service (a user on geekzone is helping me out) and ive managed to watch a single encrypted channel. but when i try to record a second the status window shows it is recording, the second tuner is "active" and recording to a file, but i cannot playback that file. im using a quad tuner and have set them all to 4 instance of cam.
Did you put acamd plugin in each of the four instance directories? Depending on the multidec plugin setup, you may need slightly different configuration in each. For example, maybe different oscam logins for each instance (if oscam has logins).

Quote:on a unrelated-ish note, is there any way to copy configuration from one tuner to another after they have been initially configured?
On an empty database, if you only setup one tuner, then when you go to setup the second it should ask you if you want to copy the configuration from the already setup tuner. If you do this for the four tuners, then you should end up with one set of channels supplied by all four tuners. You'd need to manually install acamd etc in each of the directories though.
sub Wrote:Did you put acamd plugin in each of the four instance directories? Depending on the multidec plugin setup, you may need slightly different configuration in each. For example, maybe different oscam logins for each instance (if oscam has logins).
ok thats probably the issue, i just copied the same config for each. ill check that out tonight, thanks

sub Wrote:On an empty database, if you only setup one tuner, then when you go to setup the second it should ask you if you want to copy the configuration from the already setup tuner. If you do this for the four tuners, then you should end up with one set of channels supplied by all four tuners. You'd need to manually install acamd etc in each of the directories though.
yeah it asked me the first time, kind of assumed when updating the original tuner again the rest would be updated. a lot of other pvrs have a "card mapping" feature, when you can just scan on one card and map the same channels already scanned to another card. this might be worth adding to nextpvr to make this a little easier. also if you could resize the "channels" window, i found myself constantly scrolling. just a some suggestions, nextpvr is still the easiest pvr to setup Smile
result!!!!!! recording 7 sky channels at once. awesome!

cheers guys. cant believe this is working, its so cool.

now i just have to uninstall nextpvr and reinstall it, configure one tuner fine then duplicate all the channels to the other tuners once its configured. Smile

thanks again, this is so cool.
reven Wrote:im swear im going to write a guide for this if i ever get it going....

Hope you do! with screen shots etc!
Pages: 1 2 3