NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MS Windows SBS Standard 2011 & NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is any one using (or has anyone tried) Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard for running a NPVR server?

I need to run a BES express server (just got the wife a Blackberry but dont want the BIS enabled account) so I need to run Exchange. SBS 2011 seems to be the easiest method and I dont want to virtualise a 64bit guest with server 2008 and an exchange box.

Thanks All.
Problem with the server versions of Windows is that you have to install everything you need for running apps manually, like .NET, codecs etc.
Any problems with the x64 side and npvr, drivers for cards etc?
A lot of us is running W7 and Vista 64b, I'v never had any problem with drivers, but I know that with older devices it can be a problem because the manufacturer does not support it any longer so they will not develop 64-bit drivers. But anything newer that 6 years should work ok.
Yes there is a major driver problem, since you will have to hack Windows SBS 2011 (or really any of the server products) to run with BDA devices.

Martin
Looks like there is only one way to go then and virtualize SBS on VMware workstation then. Looks like I will be rebuilding my server this weekend then.

Thanks all for your help