NextPVR Forums

Full Version: trouble skipping during playback on R1 patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a thread about skipping not working which resulted in the R1 patch. Nevertheless, on my system (winXP, NPVR 2.2.6 patch R1), the skipping back during playback of a recorded show still does not work. The patch did fix skipping forward.

When I press skip back near the beginning of the file it may sometimes work, though with 2-3 seconds delay. Several minutes into the show the skip back button results in a screen freeze for about 15 seconds (seemingly till the skipped back time elapses) and the play continues. More into the show skipping back freezes the screen essentially indefinitelly. At that point sometimes pressing the skip forward button may advance the play past the original skip back point, but that most often does not help.

I did not find other users reporting this after the R1 patch was published. I did not have similar problems with GB-PVR. Could this be an issue of decoders, old system (single core Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz), or something else?

Attached are the log files (testing done at 22:16) and timing:info. Thanks for help.

kbk
update:

I installed a new decoder from an old PowerDVD v6 disc that I had which essentially fixed the problem. It uses less CPU and works better than the decoder that came with Hauppauge tuner card.

kbk