NextPVR Forums

Full Version: USA Comcast QAM with Dvico Fusion 5 Express
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have installed latest version of NPVR on XP Pro SP2. It does not show any QAM tuner. It shows two ATSC tuners and if I do a channel scan it does not find any channels.

I have two Dvico cards-
Fusion II - for over the air antenna DTV (nothing currently hooked up)
Fusion 5 Express - for QAM cable (comcast getting lots of channels with Fusion software)

How do I get NPVR to see the QAM tuner?
Can you visit the Settings->Devices screen, then zip and attach the npvr.log?
Thanks! Here is the log...
That log doesnt show you visiting the Settings->Devices screen. Can you try again? You need to zip up the log immediately after visiting that screen. If you restart the app, the log messages I wanted to see from that screen would have been overwritten.
Here's another log (looks the same to me).

Manually deleted NPVR log
Run NPVR
Settings
Devices
See log being created
Zip NPVR Log
Attach here

Is that right?
Try this patch. You may need to delete the npvr.db3 first to force it to start with a clean database,
Thanks! QAM Tuner(s) found, but channel scans come up with no channels found. Here is new Log after channel scan-
Sorry, I dont know. As far as the app is concerned, everything looks fine, but device never manages to lock onto a signal.

I remember some old Dvico devices only supported QAM via their own software. Have you seen it work with other software that uses the Dvico BDA drivers?
Some progress-
I ran the Dvico Fusion software, then closed it, then ran NPVR, then did a channel scan. It found all the right channels! Problem now is actually watching them... As soon as I select "Live Tv" it freezes and goes into Not Responding.
Log after channel scan-
Pages: 1 2