NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Premier designation for built-in Schedules Direct?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any designation of a show premier or new episode in the standard built-in schedules direct setup? I use mc2xml for my schedule now and it adds a * to new episodes. However I seem to get a lot of recordings of the same episode, ie; when the show is rerun, npvr will record it again. I read in one post that Schedules direct appends a unique id to each show that helps npvr avoid duplicates. I'm wondering if my mc2xml setup isn't passing this unique ID through and this is causing my reruns being recorded.

Essentially I like my new show or premier identifier, but I would also like to avoid using up a tuner for a show I've already seen and deleted.
I know there's a setting in the config: "Avoid duplicate recordings where possible" is specifically for Schedules Direct EPG. If that's marked, only new programs will get recorded (I believe).

The TV Recordings plugin (http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...TVListings) will show if an episode is new.
The problem is the "... and deleted." NPVR doesn't keep a history of deleted recordings so even though previously watched shows will have had the same unique ID's, there is no way to tell reruns were previously recorded.

Martin
From what I read npvr keeps the unique ID even when the show is deleted. That may be wrong, but that's what I thought I read. Guess if I want to have better avoidance of recording duplication I need to use the internal schedules direct?
ottoguy Wrote:From what I read npvr keeps the unique ID even when the show is deleted. That may be wrong, but that's what I thought I read. Guess if I want to have better avoidance of recording duplication I need to use the internal schedules direct?
I'm pretty sure that NPVR does NOT keep the unique ID for deleted shows. And I'm pretty sure that GBPVR did. Also, I'm quite sure that the "internal schedules direct" support isn't required. I get my EPG from Schedules Direct via xmltv, and the unique ID and avoid duplicate recordings setting work in NPVR as long as I haven't already watched and deleted the first showing before the second showing airs.
With "Avoid duplicate recordings where possible" checked, the application wont schedule a recording of another show that has the same unique id as one that is already scheduled to record, or is already recorded and listed in the 'ready' recordings.

GBPVR was pretty much the same, but had a database table that keeped a list of additional unique IDs of shows deleted in the last 90 days. I'll add the same to NextPVR for the next release.
sub Wrote:GBPVR was pretty much the same, but had a database table that keeped a list of additional unique IDs of shows deleted in the last 90 days. I'll add the same to NextPVR for the next release.

Thanks, sub. Yes, that is the part that is currently "missing" in NPVR's support. Frequently cable shows and some network shows will air multiple times in the same week. And when I have already watched the show from say Monday (and deleted it), and then it airs again on Friday, NPVR will re-record it. Keeping the unique IDs of shows deleted in the recent past should eliminate all of these duplicates for me.
Am I correct in assuming that this will only work with the built in Schedules Direct setup? If I'm using mc2xml and then importing that to NPVR it may not have the unique identifier?

Keeping the unique ID for a few days/weeks after a delete is great since I typically only keep 3 episodes of a show to cut down on space. So if it loses the unique ID when deleted it explains why I keep getting the same shows recorded.
It can work with xmltv aswell if you xml files supply the <unique-identifier> tag.
Looks like using mc2xml doesn't include the unique-identifier tag. Anyone else using mc2xml that can confirm or deny this? I attached a copy of my .xml file where I think it should have the unique-identifier and doesn't.
Pages: 1 2