NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recordings fail using the "Any Channel" option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have setup a manual recurring recording using the standard recordings screen with advanced rule: title like '%doc martin%'.

If I use the option "Any Channel" it will not list Doc Martin as a pending recording. If I select channel "ABC1" it works.

This problem appears to have started after loading the R2 patches.
Unfortunately you cant do this currently. The "Any Channel" option actually results in a advanced rule being created, which overwrites whatever you've already added there.
Is this something you will be able to fix ?

I have been using this for many months now. It has been superb for doing things like picking up any show with "attenborough" in the title or description. Without it, I will need to duplicate these recurring recordings for every channel.

In Australia many shows can appear on multiple channels or change channels within the same channel group. I am going to have to duplicate a lot of recurring recordings.

Note also that if you try to use the standard Record All Episodes, All Channels option within the TV Guide it does not work. I would guess this is due to the same problem.

It would be much appreciated if you could fix this.
All I can give you is a "maybe" on this one. Its a relatively large change.

I wouldnt be able to do it as a patch. It'd likely require database changes, so would have to be with a main release.
XJW Wrote:I have been using this for many months now. It has been superb for doing things like picking up any show with "attenborough" in the title or description. Without it, I will need to duplicate these recurring recordings for every channel.
Have a look at the NEWA Autosearch/Autorecord CLI here - it will do exactly what you are looking for.

Alex
Sub,
It's a pity that we have lost this functionality. Do you plan to fix the Record "All Episodes, All Channels" option when recording shows from within the TV Guide or do you plan to remove this feature also ?

Sad
ACTCMS,
Thanks. I will take a look. My system is a dedicated HTPC in the living room and I would have preferred to have maintained a GUI interface but if the alternative is duplicating recurring recordings for every channel then this maybe the best option.

Smile
XJW Wrote:ACTCMS,
Thanks. I will take a look. My system is a dedicated HTPC in the living room and I would have preferred to have maintained a GUI interface but if the alternative is duplicating recurring recordings for every channel then this maybe the best option.

Smile
If your HTPC is on a network, you could access NEWA from another machine.

SearchLite allows you to add NEWA searches via the GUI but AFAIK there is currently no way to flag searches as AutoRecord.

In any case, you'll probably find that once you've got your searches set up, you rarely need to add new ones.
I was hoping to avoid having to fire up the NEWA web interface.

Sub's basic manual record screen is so neat and simple. And the Advanced Rules were powerful and worked beautifully until now.

Im tempted to backout the patches but then I will be offstream and will not get any future fixes. Frustrating, but its difficult to complain when the man works so hard on a free PVR.
Try this patch.
Pages: 1 2