NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Screen Saver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

When the screen saver kicks in, I get the selected media folder photo's displayed as thumb nails at random positions around the display. Is there a method to make full screen ??

Used to use a plugin with GBPvr that did this, couldn't see one for NPVR.

Running NPVR 2.2.6 with all the latest patches

Thanks for the help Smile
Sorry, the built-in 'random photo' screen saver always displays relatively small photos in a random spots over the screen. I can try to make it configurable in a future release. I suspect fullscreen photos wont do much in the way of "screen saving" though.
Hi Sub

Is the screen saver even applicable for LCD'S (other than power saving) ???

Back in the CRT day, was for burn on protection right...

To be honest, the photo show that used come on with the old GBPvr pluggin was one of the coolest features of the whole HTPC thing. Whole family used to stop and watch some of the random pics that surfaced...

Would be something I'd like to get working again. Could you call the windows default screen saver as an option ?? (fairly sure that was how the old pluggin worked) ??

Is there a current pluggin that I have missed??

Thanks
lemming Wrote:Is there a current pluggin that I have missed??
I'm planning to add a slideshow feature to SSPlus in the near future.

Alex
lemming Wrote:Hi Sub

Is the screen saver even applicable for LCD'S (other than power saving) ???
Remember, not everyone uses an LCD screen. There is also people using Plasma displays, and even a few people still using old school CRTs.

Personally I've got two 42 inch plasma screens. I prefer their image quality over LCDs.
On the subject of screen saver, I use a 27" JVC as my display ( It's the weakest link and I will upgrade someday) and I substituted an image of the old "Indian Head Test Pattern" as my logo.png. It gives a real retro look. I hope someday to overlay the Nevtpvr logo when I have some time.
sub Wrote:Remember, not everyone uses an LCD screen. There is also people using Plasma displays, and even a few people still using old school CRTs.

But if you don't care about global warming, or your power bill, a slide show will still protect CRT and older model plasma's from image burn.

As long as there is more than 1 photo in your folder...

Possibly more applicable to a pluggin, but if wasn't a biggie, would be cool to have native to NPvr.

Thanks..
This patch adds a 'fullscreen random photo' screen saver.
Thanks Sub, will try it tonight....
Hi Sub

Full screen work well thanks, but... the full screen image seems to be a streched version of the the thumbnail. Is very pixelated / blocky. Is there a value I can tweak to allow the image to display at max res ??

Thanks Chris
Pages: 1 2