NextPVR Forums

Full Version: The application crashes during device channel scanning of DTV (DVB-T)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've started using NPVR a few days ago.
I have two computers that are connected each to a separate DVB-T cards (USB).
Both computers runs Windows XP SP3. However the DVB-T cards are not of the same brand.
I've succeeded to configure PVR on one of my computers.
Unfortunately, when I tried to do this on the other computer, the application crashes during device channel scanning of DTV.
I constantly receive an exception message box, just after the scan seems to be completed. I suspect this got to do with some non existent radio channels the application finds and since they are not really channels then it causes this problem.
I'm an experience developer myself, and I wonder where can I get the sources of the application. I believe I will be able to help fixing the problem or even fix it myself.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dudi.
Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.
sub Wrote:Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

Where can I find the logs?
Windows Vista & Windows 7: C:\users\public\npvr\logs
Windows XP: C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\npvr\logs
FYI dudi: the source of npvr is not public domain, even the program itself is free of charge. If you find it usefu,l a donation to Sub (who spend a lot of his spare time to develop it) is very welcome Smile
I've reproduced the problem and zipped the files. I can't find the option for attaching a file to my message. How do I do this?
dudi Wrote:I've reproduced the problem and zipped the files. I can't find the option for attaching a file to my message. How do I do this?
Press the button "Go Advanced", then you'll get a button named "Manage Attachments" Smile
Attached the logs from the crash...
Is your tuner a Kworld UB499-2T by any chance as I recognise the log messages? I never got this card to work correctly under XP and was the reason I changed to Vista. It crashed NPVR whenever it made two simultaneous recordings usuing both tuners so I installed DVBfix which cured the problem. However with DVBfix installed it would not scan correctly and only found channels on the first and sometimes second mux only. For a while I uninstalled the fix for channel scans then reinstalled for normal use but Vista cured the problem and other minor Scan problems.
But instead of Vista (:eekSmile I'd recommend Windows 7 Cool
Pages: 1 2