NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Encrypted Channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've spent hours on this... I recently had GBPVR installed, and it worked perfectly. I cleaned my computer out and installed NPVR. When I scan for channels, I get 150 Unknown / Encrypted channels, and none work. I think I've tried everything.

Help?!?

Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, RAID SSD, 1 TB Data Drive, HVR2250 TV Card
skycyclepilot Wrote:I've spent hours on this... I recently had GBPVR installed, and it worked perfectly. I cleaned my computer out and installed NPVR. When I scan for channels, I get 150 Unknown / Encrypted channels, and none work. I think I've tried everything.

Help?!?

Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, RAID SSD, 1 TB Data Drive, HVR2250 TV Card
Always post your logfiles along when you have a problem.
If these are digital cable channels, it's normal that most channels will have the name 'Unknown ....', since very few cable companies actually transmit the channel names in the stream. They're also likely to mostly be encrypted - usually there would be a small handful of local channels though, which are unencrypted and watchable.

As mentioned above, post the logs.
One change in NPVR that has really confused some QAM users coming from GB-PVR. After the first scan, subsequent scans will not show the clear QAM channels that you have already selected.

Martin
Something that might help is to go to the silicondust website and you can see what clear QAM are in your area. You then can note the channels and see if they came back in your scan. Map those and in theory, they should work.