NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Genre info missing from some guides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use 3 different xmltv files for my listings. Recently the genre info (therefore genre color) and xmltvextra info has gone missing from the channels from two of them. The info is in the xmltv files, but does not seem to be getting brought in to the tvlistings database. It looks like only data from the first file processed by xmltvextras is getting imported.

How can we debug this? Is there a log file somewhere? Or what else would be useful to debug this?

Thanks
Hi,

a good starting point would be the output of the xmltvextras utitlity. You can get by executing it from a command prompt, or by directing the console output to a textfile, e.g. by executing "c:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\XmltvExtras.exe > log.txt".

-alibert
Log and my tvlistings.db3 files attached.

Thanks
bump?
Hi,

sorry for the delay, but my free time is quite limited at the moment. From the text output you attached, it seems that the genre and other extra information were imported successfully from each of the three xmltv files to the tv listings database, so they should be included when a corresponding programme is shown in the tv listings plugin. You can try to reconstruct what's going on using an utitlity like sqlitespy to take a look in the tv listings.db3 and npvr.db3 database files. The programme_oid column in the programme_extras table maps to the oid column in the epg_event table of the npvr database.

-alibert
No problem, thanks for the reply. I've been without power and cable for 3 days now since the snow storm. Just hooked up an antenna so we can get the 2 local stations while the generator powers the tv. Hopefully will get to look into it soon. Looks like I'll be downloading many missed recordings.
Back on line after 5 days without power.

Looking into the .db3 files, I see that not all of the records listed in the oid column in the epg_event table of the npvr database are listed in the programme_oid column in the programme_extras or category_mapping tables.

Should the number of records be the same for epg_event and programme extras? I see epg_event has 71731, and programme_extras has only 28432. So it does seem that not all of the epg records are being imported.

I'll try messing with the .db3 to see if I can figure out why.
Looking at the log for xmltvextras (attached) I see different numbers for each xml file, except "Mapped 128 xmltv channels to NPVR channels" is the same for all three guides. I think this is the number of channels in the lineup for guide 2 which is the last one run, and the only lineup that shows programme extras or category info in TVListings.
Hi,

Regarding the channel mapping ("Mapped 128 xmltv channels to NPVR channels.") - from memory I think that this step is done independantly of the actual xmltv file, and only the npvr database is used to create the mappings of npvr channels to xmltv-channel-ids. But I'll have a look at the code of the xmltvextras application again when I get the time.

-alibert