NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to launch NPVR or the Recording Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be coincidental but I recently installed the 'Web Radio' and 'Weather' plugins. There was a warning from the Program Compatibility Assistant that 'This program might no have installed correctly'. With both installations I chose the 'Reinstall using recommended settings' option rather than 'This program installed correctly'. The plugins seemed to run OK but I started getting jerky video with TV3(HD channel) so decided to unistall both plugins using the uninstall.exe files provided.

Later I found that I was unable to launch NextPVR or the Recording Service.

The following two paragraphs are a summary of what I have tried.

A check showed that the Recording Service was not running. An attempt to start it using the Start/Stop NPVR Service option gets the following error

'Unable to start service: System.InvalidOperationException:Cannot start service NPVR Recording service on computer'.'. ---

System .Com,ponentModel.Win32Exception:An instance of the service is already running

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[[] args)

at NCtrl.ProgramMain(String[] args)

I have reinstalled the patches "NPVR 2.2.6 Patches R2" and restarted Vista. Again the Recording Service was not running. An attempt to start the Recording Service using Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services results in the error
'Windows could not start the NPVR Recording Service service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.'

I don't understand what is going-on and short of a reinstall of NPVR I am out of ideas?
Something is very odd on your PC. The NPVR.log from the 21st. is all zeroes.

Martin
Well i guess they're no much use. I'll try again.
config.xml was zero size. I have recreated it and NPVR now runs OK. When I get some time over the next few days I will see if I can reproduce the problem.