NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 0+skip not in NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sub, I noticed I can't go back or forward with 0+skip in NPVR like we were able to in GBPVR. Is there a different way of doing it now? If not do you plan on implementing it into NPVR soon. I would use this feature fairly often.
dvasco Wrote:Sub, I noticed I can't go back or forward with 0+skip in NPVR like we were able to in GBPVR. Is there a different way of doing it now? If not do you plan on implementing it into NPVR soon. I would use this feature fairly often.
And likewise the manual skip commercials, what is it on npvr?
Reddwarf Wrote:And likewise the manual skip commercials, what is it on npvr?
That I can answer. Manual skip of commercials is done by hitting the play button.
dvasco Wrote:That I can answer. Manual skip of commercials is done by hitting the play button.
Really? I thought play acted like Pause when playing a recording/video.
We had the option in GBPVR to choose if the wanted play to act as pause. I don't see that option now. Maybe it exists in a file. I just tried hitting play while a show was playing. I went back to commercial slot and hit play and it jumped forward to the beginning of the next segment of the show.
dvasco Wrote:We had the option in GBPVR to choose if the wanted play to act as pause. I don't see that option now. Maybe it exists in a file. I just tried hitting play while a show was playing. I went back to commercial slot and hit play and it jumped forward to the beginning of the next segment of the show.
Thanks, I'll try that. Somtimes the auto jump is far too early so I have to go back to watch the rest, and it would be nice to just skip to the com.break end.
I started to notice the autojump far too early a lot in NPVR. This didn't normally happen to me in GBPVR. At the same time I upgraded to NPVR I also used the latest comskip so I am not sure if it has been caused by NPVR, Comskip, or the shows themselves. I have been wanting to test that out but I haven't had time. I have reverted back to an old version of comskip (I have no idea which version) to see if it happens again with the old comskip on other shows in NPVR. I'll let you know if it has been caused by comskip or not.

It is very nice to be able to hit play while in a commercial break and skipping to the end of it. Many times I am in that situation because I want to rewatch a scene from a previous segment of the show but when I do that it turns off autoskip for the commercial break that had been skipped previously. This is a nice feature for the cases when the autoskip happens too soon.

We still need the 0+skip implemented into NPVR for jumping to different segments of the shows.
I suspect comskip, btw see my thread here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...kip-tuning
dvasco Wrote:I started to notice the autojump far too early a lot in NPVR. This didn't normally happen to me in GBPVR. At the same time I upgraded to NPVR I also used the latest comskip so I am not sure if it has been caused by NPVR, Comskip, or the shows themselves.
It's caused by NPVR. It just doesn't know where it is in a file any more. I've given up on the auto-skip altogether now. There are two config.xml parameters you can adjust that may help:
Code:
<ComskipStartOffset>2500</ComskipStartOffset>
    <ComskipEndOffset>750</ComskipEndOffset>
Those are my current settings which tells NPVR to jump out 2.5 seconds late, and come back .75 second early.

Quote:We still need the 0+skip implemented into NPVR for jumping to different segments of the shows.
I'm not sure what you mean... obviously literally hitting 0+skip wouldn't do anything. Hitting any other number + skip does exactly what it's supposed to, I use it all the time. You're probably not hitting the correct skip button; it has to be the one that does the long skip, not the ffwd/rewind buttons that do the little 10-second skips.
johnsonx42 Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean... obviously literally hitting 0+skip wouldn't do anything. Hitting any other number + skip does exactly what it's supposed to, I use it all the time. You're probably not hitting the correct skip button; it has to be the one that does the long skip, not the ffwd/rewind buttons that do the little 10-second skips.
I think 0+skip is supposed to skip to the next segment, ie after the next comm.break.
Pages: 1 2