NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Windows7 client can't access Windows XP server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to setup a client on a Windows7 machine but it can't access the db3 file on the Windows XP server. I have the NPVR folder, under application data of the Windows XP, shared. I can see all other folders on the server from the client just fine. Is there something else I need to change?
It's a known problem on XP that it refuses to share folders under Application Data. If you know how to edit the registry the easyest solution is to move the whole npvr three to C:\Users\Public (you'll have to create it first), and update npvr's registry setting.
Reddwarf Wrote:It's a known problem on XP that it refuses to share folders under Application Data. If you know how to edit the registry the easyest solution is to move the whole npvr three to C:\Users\Public (you'll have to create it first), and update npvr's registry setting.
Thanks Reddwarf. I know how to edit the registry I just don't know what part of the registry I need to edit for NPVR to look to the new folder location. I take I could just move the NPVR folder to C:\NPVR and have the registry point to that. Am I correct?
Here are the contents of the .reg file I use...
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NPVR]
"InstallDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\NPVR"
"DataDirectory"="C:\\Users\\Public\\NPVR"
ACTCMS Wrote:Here are the contents of the .reg file I use...
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NPVR]
"InstallDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\NPVR"
"DataDirectory"="C:\\Users\\Public\\NPVR"
As he wrote Smile
You can have it in C:\NPVR, but it would be more compatible (consistent?) to put it in C:\Users\Public as this is where it is located in Vista and W7. In my opinion, all OS'es should put it there to avoid confusion.