NextPVR Forums

Full Version: OPtical Out (no volume control)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI There,

I run all my audio out through my reciever via spdif optical. Under Mediaportal it was able to be controlled via MCE remote, but under Next it wont work that way.

Has anyone else replicated this?

Thanks
Brian
BrianBlake Wrote:HI There,

I run all my audio out through my reciever via spdif optical. Under Mediaportal it was able to be controlled via MCE remote, but under Next it wont work that way.

Has anyone else replicated this?

Thanks
Brian
Have you tried the Volume OSD plugin to see if the computers volume actually changes?
Reddwarf Wrote:Have you tried the Volume OSD plugin to see if the computers volume actually changes?

Yep tyhe osd volume changes according to the remote etc. Just seems the spdif is bypassing the control....
im not at my pc that uses opitcal out but try the different renderers you have in settings
stustunz Wrote:im not at my pc that uses opitcal out but try the different renderers you have in settings

Just moved it through all four options in the Audio Decoder format and still no change. Confirmed it is triggerring from the remote as i use the OSD pluging so its moving fine.

Oddly in (win7) i can open the audio mixer from taskbar and it has a "npvr"option for sound in the mixer panel and when i move that up and down it works, just not the master PC audio.

Very odd.....
I seem to remember that if you are using HIP you can select a spesific volume control that it should use. You must have version 4.x
This may seem a stupid question.......but what is HIP?

Reddwarf Wrote:I seem to remember that if you are using HIP you can select a spesific volume control that it should use. You must have version 4.x
hip is remote software so you can modify what your remote controls buttons control on your pc
but the website seems to have vanished
If you are using audio passthrough, you cannot control volume on PC side, you need to use remote from your reciever.
Audio is sended from PC to Reciever as it is, for example encoded in AC3. Change volume on PC side mean decode AC3 to PCM, change volume, encode it back to AC3 then passthrough to Reciever.