NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot Record on my NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

I'ts a few days I'm gladly using NPVR.
I use it to record TV shows captured with a cheap chinese USB2 Tuner based on AF9015.

My problems with DX, after installing the patches, have being completely resolved.

By now I'd like to record the medias directly to my NAS, to watch later the videos on TV with the media player;
but every time I try to change the record path to redirect on the network HDD I get an error and I need to restart the Nrecord module after resetting a local path.

Does anybody encountered the same problem?

here there is my "crash.mdmp" file.

thank you everybody!

PS:
I use Antivir
Windows Firewall is disabled
Comodo Firewall is set to do not block, Npvr.exe, Nrecord.exe, Ntray.exe
The problem is, most likely, that the recording service which runs as Local System does not have the privileges needed to access your NAS. You may be able to change that in the drives properties, or you could try running Nrecord as your user account.
Also, you need to make sure your recording path is a UNC path like \\server\share. Mapped drives wont work because they're not visible to other user accounts.
I recently tried a NAS. I had the same issues, although it was listed properly and you could see it in the video folders and play movies off it through the NextPVR interface. I think the problem lies with the way the NAS goes to sleep in an energy saving mode of operation. I even set mine to stay awake full time, but it still had recording issues. I have a feeling it is a Windows 7 issue dealing with network drives on my machine. It probably times out when the recording service requests access to the drive. I just went to a USB drive to expand my system instead. A NAS would be nice though, to relocate the drive. I may investigate this further in the future, so hopefully we can find an answer to this dilemma.
Remember that the UI (NextPVR) runs as your normal user account, the recording service (Nrecord) does not.
Thank you everybody
I got to write on the NAS using BlazeDTV (the software in bundle with my usb key),
after changing the user settings as you suggested.

About NPVR, I didn't get the network record working, but it's enough!

Thank you again