NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 0 byte recordings again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this was talked about before, but it still is going on, and there is still no good way that npvr will inform you that it is "recording" a 0 byte file.
In the status window, it should report error, or bytes/sec it is recording, so we know.
Even change the color of the title bar to green for recording OK, red for error would be OK.

In this case, I know that the reason was poor signal at the time it tried, though, watching it now it works ok.
strength=36, quality=35 (took 32ms to check)
then about 55 mins later when I got home,
strength=36, quality=99 (took 16ms to check)

It should also reset the channel if the recording is 0 size, and retry a signal lock again for X tries. That would be nice. Smile
Here is the log of what went on tonight, had more 0 byte recordings... then I tried to cancel / restart multiple times to see if it would spit out any error messages, and it didn't. Sad

No newer info available than what I said in the original post.
Spark Wrote:Here is the log of what went on tonight, had more 0 byte recordings... then I tried to cancel / restart multiple times to see if it would spit out any error messages, and it didn't. Sad

Is your W: drive a network drive? If so does recording to a local drive work?

Martin
Spark Wrote:Here is the log of what went on tonight, had more 0 byte recordings... then I tried to cancel / restart multiple times to see if it would spit out any error messages, and it didn't. Sad

No newer info available than what I said in the original post.

No, nothing networked. That drive is just in a hotswap bay. Smile

The main problem still is, that npvr still sits there acting like it is recording, but it isn't doing anything.
I just happen to have time to try it out tonight when nothing I wanted to watch was on, so I figured I can do some more testing.