NextPVR Forums

Full Version: file created in c:\temp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Noticed that a .ts file is created when watch TV. It expands as I watch the channel.
Is this normal, or have I set something wrong in the settings?
Its normal that the application creates temporary live tv files while you're watching live tv. It should be doing it in the directory you have configured as your live tv buffer directory.
Hi... is it possible to disable live tv buffering? Thank you!
No, not currently.
without buffering, one could not pause, nor rewind!

just my 2 pennies!
I think people think that buffer means slow to start viewing , change channels etc
You can change where the buffer directory
For me, I don't need that function, so I don't wish my hdd to be writing non stop unnecessarily whenever I watch live tv for whole day.
I have it disabled in my other tv software too.
You can use the other software if you'd like but since NextPVR is a "Video Recorder" if you want to be able to navigate back and forth or pause live tv, you are going to need to buffer it to disk. Also NextPVR clients don't have direct access to the capture devices so they need to use streaming from disk. Drives are quiet, cheap and have quite a good MTBF, for me the advantages are huge.

NextPVR does use a technique which limits the amount of data stored (not written) equivalent to about 30 minutes.

Martin
I don't like the idea of continuous writes to disk. Even worst if you use SDD.
Even with high MTBF, I wouldn't like to reduce it unnecessary.
I still use NPVR as it still one of the best viewers. (note, I use the word "viewer").
Would creating a tiny logical drive put this pesky buffer directory size on a leash?

Hard drives were cheap but the rising waters in Thailand put several manufacturers underwater so now they're more than twice the price they were a month ago.

Is there a possibility of a "clear/delete live TV buffer files" button in settings for future release?
Pages: 1 2