NextPVR Forums

Full Version: FF-RW-Pause, Comskip questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am experiencing a tremendous amount of latency when trying to fast forward, pause/resume, rewind whether watching live tv, or recordings. I have disabled comskip from the parallelprocessing.bat file as recordings run into gaps that create the same latency, which normally require a shutdown/restart of npvr. I have another issue with comskip as when I can make it past the latency period the recording jumps back to previously viewed material.

From what I gather, the latency issue may be corrected in the next release.

With the comskip/latency problems involved I am using VLC to view recordings via windows explorer or NEWA play option, which works well.

Any ideas, or should I just be patient?

Greg
I have the same problems with .ts files. Uninteresting which decoder/splitter i am using. Interesting is perhaps, that the time for "seeking" doubles everytime. The first jump takes as example 5 seconds. The second press needs 10 seconds and so on. Just as nPVR would look everytime from the beginning of a .ts file for positioning.
This problem is present since the first nPVR release (sub switched from mpg to .ts container).
But, seeking from Windows Media Player or VLC doesn't make any problems. Sometimes they don't recognize the timeline, but the videos are running smooth.
I had been having issues as described with FF/RW. I rolled back from the R2 patches to R1 and no problems for some 6+ weeks now.
No problems with Comskip either.
Wow! While trying to type the plus sign above I hit Ctrl instead of Shift and my font sized increased. I learned something today!
some people have reported success using the 2.2.6 Final patches along with the Unmanaged.dll from the R1 patch. The R1 patch is linked in the patch post, and is also posted somewhere around post 12 or so. the good news is that sub seems to think he's fixed some of the problems in this area for the next release, and mentioned that he had a release nearly ready before he went away on business. so we're probably looking at sometime between now and Christmas.
Using the file from the R1 patch has helped. Pause/resume works flawlessly, but still some latency with FF/RW. Am looking forward to the next release!

Thanx, Greg
Even though recordings are now working much better with the older file, live tv is very choppy. Think it is related to the file switch? It is a tradeoff than I can live with for now, if so.
I don't think choppiness is to related to the patches. Is this on the PC or client, and if it is a client is the client wired?

Martin
This problem is on the pc, and currently have no clients configured. I have tried different renderers, and codecs. None help with the issue.