NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Client PC - accessing the share on an XP server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope this isn't a dumb question. I've got an XP server so the nPVR config stuff is all stored in c:\documents and settings\all users etc etc.

Now, to get the client PC to work, this folder has to be shared right so the client can access it. well i can't for the life of me get it to work. I can create a copy in somewhere like C:\temp, share that and it works perfectly. But i cannot get the client to see the share under "documents and settings".

I am using the same user and password on both PC's.

This is obviously a security thing because its user data. Can anybody give me some pointers? And apologies is this is covered somewhere else but i couldn't find anything.
The default location in XP wont work as a server as the location cannot be shared. I changed the location to "all users\shared documents\NPVR" which can be shared. I think some people create a "Public" directory so the location is similar to that used on Vista and Win 7. When you have moved the directory you need to change the location of DataDirectory with regedit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NPVR
jcjefferies Wrote:The default location in XP wont work as a server as the location cannot be shared. I changed the location to "all users\shared documents\NPVR" which can be shared. I think some people create a "Public" directory so the location is similar to that used on Vista and Win 7. When you have moved the directory you need to change the location of DataDirectory with regedit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NPVR
I always create a C:\Users\Public\NPVR on XP machines before installing npvr, that avoid such problems as R1Dave is having. In my opinion, Sub should change the default data directory for future installations.
Thanks all, glad i'm not going mad :-). I'll give that a go