NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recording Quality, where has it gone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have been having problems with poor quality recordings because one tuner is recording two shows at once, leaving open tuners unused. I have tracked back and can confirm this is the cause of the poor quality. So I thought I would go back and set each recording to have the "best quality" to hopefully help "push" it to another tuner. I could of sworn that there was a setting for recording quality by program (as well as a default), but when I go in to update and even record anew, I can not find this. Is it my imagination, has it been removed in the latest patches...???

If this feature is no longer available, does anyone have any idea how I can force the recording software to utilize all my tuners before doubling up on one???

Your help is greatly appreciated!

System note: I am using windows 7 x64 and have two Hauppauge 2250 tuners, giving me 4 tuners total.
If you are using the digital tuner, the quality is set by the broadcast but the quality settings are still there for analog in config.xml by changing the bitrate. However is it possible that you are just seeing differences between analog and digital recordings? It's probably best to post your logs for a "poor" quality recording it might explain what you are doing best.

Martin
I think you can go to Devices setting to set the device priority.
#1 #2 belongs to first 2250 tuner while #3 #4 belongs to second 2250 tuner, right?
Maybe can up the #3 to second slot above #2?
By the way, will the customised recording profiles for analog channels be added back in future release? Thank you!
Are you implying that one of the four tuners is recording two programs at the same time?
OTAjunkie Wrote:Are you implying that one of the four tuners is recording two programs at the same time?

You can on digital channels on the same frequency. As an example you could record the two ATSC Global Ottawa channels (SD/HD) on one tuner. Likewise can also watch LiveTV and record the same digital channel on the same tuner.

Martin
OTAjunkie Wrote:Are you implying that one of the four tuners is recording two programs at the same time?

I've had a dual tuner recording 11 channels at once as an experiment - and it worked fine.
Quote: I've had a dual tuner recording 11 channels at once as an experiment - and it worked fine.

I bet that made your diskdefrag prog chunder
Lao Pan Wrote:I bet that made your diskdefrag prog chunder

I don't run one very often. Recordings I want to hang on to get moved to another drive and the rest get watched and deleted fairly quick. I'm not in the shack often now, so I don't hear the drives seeking themselves to death. I haven't as yet had a recording problem from fragmentation, so fingers crossed!.
martint123 Wrote:I don't run one very often. I haven't as yet had a recording problem from fragmentation, so fingers crossed!.

kiss of death?

(schedule a 02:00AM restart and chkdsk followed by defrag once a month)
Pages: 1 2 3 4